Baylor University reviews staff performance on an annual basis through the Staff Performance Evaluation and Planning process. The evaluation is designed to provide feedback on the prior year's performance and is the basis for the employee's merit pay increase. The performance document also includes a planning component to facilitate goal-setting and development strategies for the upcoming year.
The Staff Performance Evaluation and Planning process should take place
- Upon an employee’s completion of the initial 180 days of employment
- Annually during Baylor’s review process and is due to Human Resources in June.
NOTE: The Performance Evaluation & Planning Document for 2015 will be available through BaylorCompass later this spring. The 2014 document linked below is available for your use as a tool to start composing your thoughts for this year. Keep in mind that your final responses will need to be input into the online version of the form once it becomes available.
Staff Performance Evaluation and Planning Document - UPDATED 12/01/2013
Staff Performance Evaluation and Planning Tools
- Performance Evaluation & Planning Guide
- Completed Form - Example A - UPDATED 12/01/2013
- Completed Form - Example B - UPDATED 12/01/2013
- Mission and Goals of the University
- Skills and Traits List
- Baylor's Core Competencies
- Job Descriptions
- Related Baylor University Personnel Policies:
Staff Performance Evaluation and Planning - BU-PP 804
Staff Observation - BU-PP 805
Staff Disciplinary - BU-PP 807
The Annual Performance Evaluation and Planning Process is to be completed in BaylorCompass by
June 15, 2015.