BAYLOR GIVE LIGHT CAMPAIGN
The Give Light Campaign has a bold vision to establish the Honors Residential College (HRC) as a world-class residential learning facility. Having demonstrated the effectiveness of the living-learning model for over a decade, the HRC has the reputation and momentum to be one of the best honors facilities in the nation, serving Baylor by attracting some of the brightest young intellectuals both nationwide and globally. CLICK HERE to learn more about the HRC and its role within the Give Light Campaign.
Your contribution to the Honors College and/or Honors College programs will ensure that students continue to receive the fine education for which the Honors College is committed to providing. You may direct your contribution to the:
- Honors College Excellence Fund
What is an excellence fund?
In contrast to an endowment, excellence funds are current funds that are used on an annual basis. The purpose of the excellence funds listed above is to aid Honors College students and faculty in the integration of learning and research.
How will my contribution aid the Honors College?
Contributions to the fund will provide for the following:
- Faculty-led mission trips for students in the United States and abroad
- Students attendance at professional conferences to present their own research
- Summer internships for students at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Lecture series featuring distinguished scholars and public intellectuals
- Advertising and promotional material for the recruitment of students
- Teaching grants to assist faculty in the development of new courses or to take fresh approaches to already-existing courses
- Library funds to purchase materials for the research and writing of senior thesis projects.
The Honors College always is excited about sharing our students' and faculty achievements with others. So, updates regarding the allotment of funds will be shared with contributors. We're certain that you, too, will be proud of those who have chosen the pursuit of knowledge "with Honors."
GIVING TO THE HONORS COLLEGE
You may submit a donation via the Web at www.baylor.edu/giving/honorscollege, and you may designate to which fund you would like to make your contribution.
Donate by Mail
If you would like to donate by mail, be sure to designate that your contribution is for the Honors College. Contributions may be sent to:
Baylor University Office of Gift Accounting
One Bear Place #97050
Waco, TX. 76798-7050
Your company may have a matching gift program that could double or even triple your donation. Check with your Human Resource Department or office manager for forms and/or additional information.
An Honorable Legacy
If you are considering a substantial donation to the Honors College, there are several options:
- Planned gifts through wills, charitable trusts, life insurance, pooled income funds, or charitable gift annuities
- Immediate tax-deductible gifts of cash, stocks, or other assets
In accordance with your personal interests, your donation can be made anonymously or with recognition.
Contact our chief development officer, David Cortes, to discuss donation methods that would work best for you.