Dr. Andrea Turpin
- M.A. in History, Baylor University (Waco, TX), 2018
- B.A. in History, Grove City College (Grove City, PA), 2016
My research focuses on intersections between religious history and the history of higher education in the late 19th and early 20th century United States. I am especially interested in the institutional identities of denominational liberal arts colleges: how they understood their place in the bigger picture of American religion and higher education.
“Subjectivity and the American Court: an Analysis of Roper v. Simmons,” Grove City College Journal of Law & Public Policy 5 (2014): 95–110.
- Presidential Fellowship, Baylor University Graduate School, 2018-2023
- Finalist, 2019-2022 Cohort, Lilly Graduate Fellows Program, 2018
- Guittard Fellowship, Baylor University, 2016-2017
- Elinor M. Caruthers Award, Grove City College, 2016
- Phi Alpha Theta History Award, Grove City College, 2016
- David E. McKillop Scholarship, Grove City College, 2015
- ODK Paper of the Year for the Social Sciences, Grove City College, 2014 & 2013
- Presidential Scholarship, Grove City College, 2012
Benjamin Leavitt CV