Julie Anne Sweet
Professor of History & Director of Military Studies
Spring 2022 Office Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30pm to 3:30pm and by appointment.
Colonial America, American Revolution, US Military History, American Indian
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky, 2002
- M.A., University of Richmond, 1997
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, magna cum laude, History and Theatre
"I study colonial Georgia for the most part with occasional forays into the American Revolution, military history, and Native American history."
Why I Came To Baylor
"The students here challenge my thinking and my creativity, and the friendly atmosphere fosters great opportunities for intellectual interaction with all kinds of people. The location in balmy Central Texas helps too!"
- William Stephens: Georgia's Forgotten Founder. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, Southern Biography Series, 2010.
- Negotiating for Georgia: British-Creek Relations in the Trustee Era, 1733-1752. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 2005.