BUHS can provide COVID-19 testing (nasal swab) to determine whether a person is currently infected with the virus. BUHS does have the capacity to perform “rapid” testing for COVID-19. Charges for the testing are $ 60.00. Your insurance may cover the cost.
PROCEDURE FOR COVID-19 TESTING
- Call 254-710-1010 to make an appointment for testing.
- Go to baylor.edu/healthservices and login using firstname_lastname and your Baylor password.
- Go to Forms and complete Health Center Treatment Agreement, Health Center Privacy Notice (if you have not been seen in our clinic before) and the COVID-19 Screening Form.
- Email pictures of front and back of insurance card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring a photo ID to your appointment at North Village Community Center, and enter on the COVID Testing (north) side of the building. Also pack 2-3 days of clothes, your computer, chargers, etc. If you test positive, you will go directly to isolation housing.
- A nurse will call you, check your temperature and oxygen, and perform the swab.
- You will exit out the back door near the Dutton parking garage.
- If you are an on-campus resident, please wait in your car or outside until you get your test result and Baylor certificate.
- If you are symptomatic, it is best for you to self-quarantine until your symptoms subside.
- If you test positive, you’ll be directed to self-isolation housing for the next 10 days.