2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Baylor Health Services continues to closely monitor the global outbreak of the novel Coronavirus/COVID-19, guidelines are subject to change based on CDC recommendations.
We are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for appointments. To make an appointment, call Health Services at 254-710-1010 .
Baylor Health Services also has a dedicated phone line for questions or concerns about the coronavirus at 254-710-4939. This phone number will be answered by nurses who are able to answer questions.
We also cannot stress enough for everyone to continue to practice good personal hygiene and exercise appropriate social distancing (at least 6 feet from others - no handshakes or hugs) - to lower the risk of becoming ill:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing food, beverages and utensils.
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home until you are symptom free for three (3) days.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow/sleeve or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wear masks when around others.
- Continue to test weekly OR if you have been exposed or have symptoms schedule an appointment through the portal for COVID-19 testing.
For the latest University updates and answers to Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs), please visit the dedicated Baylor COVID-19 website at www.baylor.edu/coronavirus.