Baylor Health Services will assist students who are contemplating international travel by providing advice and immunizations. Travel immunizations may also be given to faculty and staff. Travel consultations are available by appointment only please call (254) 710-1010 to schedule.
As several vaccines may be needed, Health Services encourages travelers to seek advice and begin immunizations early.
Immunizations offered include:
1. Tetanus-Diphtheria (Td) or Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (TDaP) every 10 years
2. Measles-Mumps-Rubella (two shot series total)
3. Hepatitis A (two shot series, day 1 then 6 months later)
4. Hepatitis B (three shot series, day 1 then 1-2 months later and third is 6 months from first injection)
5. Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (Tdap) (every 10 years-substitute TDap for one Tetanus booster)
6. Meningococcal (one dose)
7. Typhoid (every two years or every 5 years for oral Typhoid - if travelling in rural Typhoid prone areas)
8. Tuberculin skin test (every year for certain specialties)
9. Yellow fever (every 10 years)
Malaria prophylaxis is also available by prescription issued by a provider. Information for specific countries may be obtained by visiting the CDC Website