1. Who can be treated at the Health Center?
Only Baylor students registered in the current school session are eligible for treatment by the Health Center. Relatives and friends are not eligible for care; however, the clinic can direct them to community resources as needed
2. Are X-rays available at the Health Center?
The Health Center does not have X-ray equipment. If X-rays are needed then you will be referred to a local radiology facility.
3. What do I need to bring to my appointment?
For check in- please have student ID or driver's license and insurance card. For the provider- please bring a least of any medication you are taking
4. Are Well Woman exams available at the Health Center?
Yes, regular well woman exams are scheduled between 9am-11am Monday through Friday. Please allow at least 30 minutes for the visit.
5. Is HIV/STD testing available?
Yes, an appointment with a provider is necessary to order the appropriate testing.
6. I have lab orders from my Primary Care Physician, can they be done at the Health Center?
Yes, Lab work orders may be faxed to the Health Center before your appointment (254-710-2499) or brought in at the time of your appointment. A lab appointment will be needed. The results will be sent directly to your physician from the reference lab CPL.
7. Can a friend accompany to the exam room?
No. Due to confidentiality issues, friends are not allowed in exam rooms with patients.
8. Why do I need to sign a release so you can talk to my parents?
Due to FERPA and HIPAA regulations no information will be released to anyone without your permission.
9. How do I get a copy of my medical records or lab results?
Requests can be made at the Health Center and by signing a release of information. Please allow 3-4 days to receive past records. Lab results can usually be picked up the next day.
10. How long does it take to get lab results back?
Most lab work will be back within 24 hours, cultures generally take 48-72 hours.
11. Why am I asked to arrive 15 minutes early for my appointment time?
We ask you to arrive early to fill out any paperwork and insurance information that is needed. Also, due to limited parking you will need to arrive early to make sure to get to your appointment on time.
12. What immunizations are required?
Two doses of MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) administered after your first birthday, a current Tetanus booster(within 10 years) and a current Meningitis vaccination (within 5 years and at least 10 days prior to the first class date) for all students who are under 22. The Meningitis vaccination is a current state law.
13. What type of care is available after hours?
If a call to the Health Center is made after hours the Citra Health Hotline staffed by nurses will answer your call. For emergent care refer to the Health Center Emergency Information section for hospitals in the area.
14. Can I get my allergy shots at the Health Center?
Yes, allergy injections are given with the serum provided by your allergist. The Health center does not provide any allergy testing. An initial allergy appointment is made with one of our providers to go over your instructions. The initial allergy appointment will need to be completed at the start of each school year, after that visit, nurse appointments will be made to administer your injections.
15. How will my appointment be billed?
If you have a co-pay through your insurance plan it will be billed to your student account. Please check with your insurance company to find out if the Baylor Health Center is considered in or out of network for your particular plan.
16. Do I need a Doctor's order to be seen in Physical Therapy?
Direct patient access allows patients to see a physical therapist for up to 10 days without a referral from a physician. A referral will be needed after the 10 day period or anytime the physical therapist determines there is a medical need.
17. What do I do if I need a refill on my medication?
Please contact your pharmacy and they will fax us a request for refill. The provider will review it and if it is approved it will be sent back to the pharmacy. Please allow 24-72 hours for the refill.