Baylor > Health Center > Infection Control
- Wash Hands!
• Keep hands clean by washing with soap and water for 15 seconds or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Don't Share!
• Towels or Wash Cloths, wash them frequently
- Keep cuts and scrapes clean and covered with bandage until healed
• Avoid contact with other people's wounds or bandages
• May look like pimple or boil; can be red, swollen, painful, have pus or drainage
• Is mainly transmitted from a patient's own nose and throat, but may be transmitted skin to skin and from contaminated surfaces
• Can live on items and surfaces that have been infected, avoid these surfaces
• Enters in any opening in skin
• Multiplies in crowded living conditions and with poor hygiene
- MRSA Information
- Seek medical advice if symptomatic or have any questions
- For additional information, view Centers for Disease Control