Southwest Speaker Exchange
CHEMISTRY SPEAKERS AND GRADUATE-LEVEL TOPICS 2017
Speakers should be contacted directly. Email addresses are given for each speaker, and the department address/phone number is as follows:
Department of Chemistry
One Bear Place #97348
Waco, TX 76798
An Experimental Study of the Kinetics and Dynamics of Metal Ion Assisted C-C and C-H Bond Activation at Low Internal Energies
- Redox-Switchable Metal Complexes in Analytical Chemistry
- Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products in Fish. Novel Screening Methods and Results of a National Pilot Study in the U.S.
- Compositional Analysis of Biomass Feedstocks and Process Streams. The Role of Analytical Chemistry in Biomass-to-Ethanol Conversion
- Reactive sulfur species involved in oxidative stress: Friend or Foe in the realm of sulfur chemical biology
- Cu Ionophores that induce rapid apoptosis in melanoma cell culture
- Capillary Gas Chromatography: What You Can Do With 200,000 Theoretical Plates in Research and Teaching
- New Nitrogen and Phosphorus Ligands - Pyrazolylpyridines and the First C2-Chiral Phosphinine
- Structural Studies and Synthetic Applications of Internally Coordinated Chiral Organoboranes
- Simple Compounds with Unexpected Properties: Organic Gelling Agents
- The Organic Chemistry of Fresh Flesh
- Hedging our bets: Suppressing or Stimulating Immune Responses Using Organic Synthesis
- Screening and Characterization of High Affinity ssDNA Aptamers against Anthrax
- Coordination chemistry and reactivity of pyridyl containing phosphinites and phosphonites
- Atmospheric Chemistry Linked to Visible Light Absorption
- Planetary atmospheres: Spectroscopy and reactivity in cryogenic liquids
- Targeting the Tumor Microenvironment: Small- Molecule, Tubulin Binidng, Vascular Disrupting Agents as Anti- Cancer Therapeutics
- Targeting Tumor Hypoxia with Prodrug Conjugates of Potent Small- Molecule Inhibitors of Tubulin Polymerization
- Developing drug therapies for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Why do some metallo-proteins regulate their net charge during metal binding?
- Understanding how electrostatic surface potentials affect the rate of hydrogen-deuterium exchange in proteins.
- Developing chemical tools to bridge proteomics and structural biology.
- Specificity and Inhibition of Gamma-Glutamylamine Cyclotransferase