Students are always encouraged to seek out their professor or appropriate TA in the event they would like more assistance than that provided by the Success Center Tutoring or Supplemental Instruction. All additional tutoring opportunities provided by the departments are listed here.
Accounting & Business Law
- A list of tutors is available in the department office.
- Department Phone: (254)710-3536
- Department Location: Foster Center for Business and Innovation
- Tutoring is available through the Beta Beta Beta Honors Society. Details about tutoring through Beta Beta Beta are available in the Biology Department Office.
- Department Phone: (254-)710-2911
- Department Location: Baylor Science Building (BSB) in B.207.
Chemistry and Biochemistry
- A list of graduate student tutors is available in the department office. (Tutors do charge a fee.)
- Department Phone: (254-)710-3311
- Department Location: Baylor Science Building (BSB) in D.208.
Engineering and Computer Science
- The Engineering and Computer Science department offers free tutoring for students. Login to the Student Success Collaborative (link below) and click “Get Tutoring” in order to view tutoring availability through the ECS Learning Resource Center:
- Learning Resource Center
- ECS Phone: (254-)710-3890
LRC Location: The Engineering and Computer Science Learning Resource Center is located within the ECS Research Annex. The ECS Research Annex is located behind Brooks College and Kokernot Hall.
- The English Department offers free assistance on written text (by appointment only). Click the link below for more information.
- The Writing Center
- Writing Center Phone: (254-)710-4849
- Writing Center Location: The ground floor of Carroll Science Building (G-06).
- Graduate teaching assistants are available for tutoring. Please inquire about tutoring at the department office. (Fee associated)
- Department phone: (254-)710-2361
- Department Location: Baylor Science Building (BSB) D.409
- The Math Lab is staffed by graduate students and is free of charge.
- Math Lab Hours: 3:00-5:00pm Monday-Wednesday and Friday, Monday-Thursday from 6:00-8:00pm.
- The department also maintains a list of Math Tutors.
- Department Phone: (254-)710-3561
- Math Lab Location: Sid Richardson Building Room #326
Modern Languages and Cultures
- The Modern Languages and Cultures department offers free tutoring for Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Swahili (not offered Spring 2018), French, Italian, German, Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Individual times and locations for tutoring are posted in the Interactive Media and Language Center.
- Department Phone Number: (254)-710-3711
- Location for Interactive Media and Language Center: Third floor of Draper Suite 356.
Students should go first to their professor for tutoring options. Graduate students in the META Lab on the 3rd floor of Moody Library provide basic help. A list of tutors for Music Theory and Musicianship may be found in Waco Hall East. These tutors charge a fee.
Students should contact the faculty member for the class in which they need tutoring.
- Graduate students offer free tutoring for PHY 1408, PHY 1409, PHY 1420, PHY 1430. For a schedule of departmental Physics tutors, visit the Physics Department webpage.
- Department Phone: (254-)710-2511
- Tutoring Location: Third floor E wing
Other departments offering tutoring options may contact the Tutoring Coordinator at (254-)710-8254 to be added to this list.