The S3 course plan is taken as part of the Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
Fourty-eight hours from the BBA Core form the basis of business knowledge for S3 majors. The core forms the foundation for all business majors at Baylor.
As an S3 major, you may choose one of the three tracks that determine your internship and career with a company, agency, third-party rights holder, professional team or NCAA member.
- Brand Strategy: Corporations including AT&T, Phillips 66, StubHub, Focus Brands, La Quinta Inns & Suites, BBVA Compass, Pizza Hut, Toyota, Topgolf and SAP design brand strategies with (eSports) leagues & teams to attract, engage, and keep customers. Agencies like The Marketing Arm, The Company, MMI Agency, E-15 Group and BAV Consulting help guide brand strategy to reach corporate objectives. Media partners (Fox Sports, AT&T SportsNet, ESPN) execute brand strategies through event broadcasts and related media. We prepare students for careers negotiating, planning and executing strategic partnerships employing branded content and experiences through sports & entertainment.
- Drew Mitchell (2006), Chief Revenue Office, Conference USA
- Brenna Tooley (2006), Vice President, MediaLink
- Lauren Ward (2008), Partnership Activation Manager, Houston Rockets
- Mitch Mann (2009), Associate Athletic Director, Baylor University
- Jeff Brown (2009), Account Executive Business Partnerships, Texas Rangers
- Lauren McAlister (2009), Senior Manager of Web & Mobile Products, Hilton
- Evan Martinez (2011), Partnership Strategy Director, MMI Agency
- Data Strategy: Sound data strategy enables brands, (eSports) teams, media and agencies to plan, lead, organize and control marketing & sales strategies. We prepare students to manage, analyze, report, and deliver actionable data insights to drive revenue for sports & entertainment properties. S3 majors in the Data Strategy track complete the requirements for the Hankamer School of Business Certificate in Business Analytics. Careers begin with teams, agencies, and brands leading to executive leadership positions.
- Chase Kanaly (2011), CRM Manager, Houston Astros
- Alex Karp (2012), Senior Business System Analyst, Utah Jazz
- Leslie Horn (2012), Manager of Client Services, Stone Timber River
- Erin Quigg (2013), Manager of CRM Strategy, Orlando Magic
- Brooks Byers (2015), Senior Manager, 4Front Media
- Colby Conner (2016), CRM & Analytics Manager, Texas Rangers
- Colin Warner (2016), CRM Specialist, Dallas Mavericks
- Sales Leadership: We prepare you for a career as a leader in professional or collegiate sports. With teams, careers begin in developing new business for season memberships and group sales, before moving to positions with greater responsibility and influence leading to management and executive positions. We prepare students to generate revenue through ticket & partnership sales representing eSports, professional & collegiate teams and third-party rights holders (for NCAA properties). As servant leaders our values are in people, purpose and performance, in that order.
- Todd Pollock (2006), Vice President of Ticketing & Suites, Vegas Golden Knights
- Brian George (2007), Director of Premium Sales (Luxe), Houston Texans
- Haley Meier (2007), Director of Tourism & Group Sales, Orlando Magic
- Lindsay Beale (2010), Associate Director of Business Development, San Antonio Spurs
- Chase Jolesch (2010), Director of Ticketing & Premium, Vegas Golden Knights
- Travis Gafford (2011), Director of Premium Sales & Service, Portland Timbers
- Stephen Gray (2011), Senior Manager, Austin Spurs/Spurs Sports & Entertainment
S3 Degree Plan
|I. University/BBA Core|
|II. S3 Major Required Courses||15 hours + 3 hours internship|
MKT 3310 - Professional Selling & Communication (Fall, Junior - permit only with Lehnus)
MKT 3325 - Sports Marketing Analytics (Fall, Junior- permit only with Wakefield)
MKT 4360 - Customer Analytics (Spring, Junior - permit only with Wakefield)
MKT 4341 - Professional Selling and Communication for Sports II (Spring, Junior)
MKT 3341 - Values Based Leadership in Sports (Fall, Senior)
MKT 4396 - Sports Marketing Internship (Summer after junior year)
|III. Choose one of the following courses||3 hours|
MKT 4310 - Sales Force Mgmt/Leadership*
MKT 3320 - Advertising Principles** (Tyrha M. Lindsey-Warren)
MKT 4350 - Digital Marketing** (Tyrha M. Lindsey-Warren)
MKT 4397 - S3 Global Sports Business Analytics*** (Summer Baylor Abroad Program)
MIS 4340 - Database Management*** (Fall; Jr/Sr)
MIS 4360 - Data Visualization*** (Spring; Jr/Sr)
MIS 4344 - Business Intelligence*** (Senior)
|*Sales Leadership||**Brand Strategy||***Data Strategy|