The S3 program prepares students for careers as leaders in the business of sports. The S3 courses are taken as part of the Marketing major in the Bachelor of Business Administration degree. Select one of the tracks below as an S3 emphasis in the Marketing major.
Please declare yourself as an S3 program member with an emphasis in sales or analytics by completing this form to obtain priority seating in S3 courses.
You may join the Pre S3 Elite by completing the S3 Admissions Form before you arrive at Baylor or as a freshman or sophomore. S3 classes are in high demand with limited seating.
Forty-eight hours from the BBA Core form the basis of business knowledge for S3 majors. The core forms the foundation for all business majors at Baylor.
In the S3 program you may choose one of two parallel tracks that determine your internship and path to finding a fulfilling career with a company, agency, third-party rights holder, professional team or NCAA member. Taking the courses in order in the junior year allows us to help you find relevant internships in the summer between the junior & senior years.
- Analytics: Sound data strategy enables brands, (eSports) teams, media and agencies to plan, lead, organize and control marketing & sales strategies. Students learn to manage, analyze, report, and deliver actionable data insights to drive revenue for sports & entertainment properties. Students completing the S3 Analytics emphasis in the Marketing major should also complete the requirements for the Hankamer School of Business Certificate in Business Analytics. Careers begin with teams, agencies, and brands leading to executive leadership positions. S3 Alumni Advisors:
- Leslie Horn (2012), Product Owner, SSB
- Erin Quigg (2013), Assistant Director of CRM Strategy, Orlando Magic
- Brooke Andrews (2014), Revenue Operations Manager, KORE Software
- Brooks Byers (2015), Senior Manager, 4Front Media
- Victoria Ham (2015), CRM & Data Strategy Analyst, YETI
- Colin Warner (2016), Business Intelligence Manager, Sacramento Kings
- Matthew Burke (2016), IT/Business Intelligence, NYC FC
- Sales Leadership: We prepare you for a career as a leader in professional or collegiate sports. With teams, careers begin in developing new business for season memberships and group sales, before moving to positions with greater responsibility and influence leading to management and executive positions. We prepare students to generate revenue through ticket & partnership sales representing eSports, professional & collegiate teams and third-party rights holders (for NCAA properties). As servant leaders our values are in people, purpose and performance, in that order. S3 Alumni Advisors:
- Todd Pollock (2006), Vice President of Ticketing & Suites, Vegas Golden Knights
- Brian George (2007), Senior Director, Texans Luxe, Houston Texans
- Haley Meier (2007), Director of Tourism & Group Sales, Orlando Magic
- Lindsay Beale (2010), Director of Business Development, San Antonio Spurs
- Chase Jolesch (2010), Director of Ticketing & Premium, Vegas Golden Knights
- Blake Pallansch (2015), Director of Ticket Sales, Texas Motor Speedway
- Stephen Gray (2011), Senior Manager, Austin Spurs/Spurs Sports & Entertainment
|I. University/BBA Core|
|II. S3 Courses for Emphasis in the Marketing Major||6 hours + 3 hours internship|
Students may choose the Sales or Analytics track, or may include both using upper-level electives.
MKT 3310 - Professional Selling & Communication (Fall only with L.Wakefield)
MKT 4341 - Professional Selling and Communication for Sports II (Spring, Junior)
MKT 4342 - Sports Marketing Analytics (Fall only with K.Wakefield) Tools: SPSS
MKT 4360 - Customer Analytics (Spring only with K.Wakefield) Tools: SPSS, JASP (R), CRM
Optional (not required)
MKT 4397 - S3 Global Sports Business Analytics (Summer Baylor Abroad Program in alternate summers)
All S3 Students
MKT 4396 - Sports Marketing Internship (Summer after junior year)
|III. Certificate in Business Analytics||Recommended for S3 Analytics track||9 hours|
MIS 4340 - Database Management (Fall; Jr/Sr) Tools: SQL, database admin, security
MIS 4360 - Data Visualization (Spring; Jr/Sr) Tools: Tableau
MIS 4344 - Business Intelligence (Senior) Tools: SAS, predictive modeling