S3 Club Schedule
All 2020 Fall meetings will be via Zoom and in-person when available on campus.
S3 Club Fall Kick-off: Learn about careers in sponsorship sales, marketing, and business analytics in the Wide World of Sports.
- 9/3 5:30-6:45 pm
- Zoom Link: S3 Club Fall Kick-Off Meeting. Password = baylors3
Get on the right track! Meet S3 alumni in (1) ticket and sponsorship sales and (2) CRM & business analytics.
- S3 Analytics: October 13, 5:20-6:20 Careers for Marketing Majors in the S3 Analytics track. Meet fifteen (15) S3 Alumni and get into break-out groups to discuss life in the business of sports in CRM & Analytics.
- Link: S3 Analytics Meeting.
- S3 Sales: October 20, 5:30-6:30 Careers for Marketing Majors in the S3 Sales track. Meet Lance Kay (Stars), Hayley Whitcher (Nationals) and Zach Harvey (AEG/Staples Center).
- Link: S3 Sales Meeting.
eSports with Dallas Mavs GG: Careers in the business of gaming & esports
- Zoom Link: eSports with Dallas Mavericks.
- Guests: Tray Thompson, Esports Marketing Manager, Dallas Mavericks
- 11/12 5:30-6:45 pm
All S3 Club Members will receive Outlook Calendar Invites with the Zoom links for each spring meeting. Please accept the invitation to save on your calendars.
Sports Marketing Agencies: Intersport Global
- Guest: Ryan McSpadden, Executive Vice President, Intersport
- February 4 (Thursday) 12:20 to 1:10pm | Zoom Link: Intersport1
- February 5 (Friday) 12:05-12:55pm | Zoom Link: Intersport2
Digital Sports Marketing: NASCAR
- Guests: Tim Clark, Senior Vice President & Chief Digital Officer at NASCAR
- February 25 (Thursday) 12:20 to 1:10pm
- Zoom Link: NASCAR1
- February 26 (Friday) 12:05 to 12:55pm
- Zoom Link: NASCAR2
Sports as Ministry: FCA, Baylor Sports Ministry, and S3
- Guests: Ben Johnson (FCA), Larren Silver (FCA), John White (Baylor Sports Ministry Program)
- March 18 and/or 19
- Tentatively online but TBD
S3 Awards Banquet
- Keynote speaker: Jamey Rootes, President, Houston Texans, and bestselling author
- Signed copies of "The Winning Game Plan: A Proven Leadership Playbook for Continuous Business Success" for all attending
- April 14, 5:30-7pm
- Location: TBD
Instill integrity in the business of sports & entertainment.
The acronym WINS represents Work ethic, Integrity, Networking relationships, and Spirit.
To faithfully live lives of integrity marked by a strong work ethic in order to influence and transform relationships in the sports industry one person at a time.
The S3 Club is open to all majors. Freshmen and sophomores interested in pursuing a bright future in sports & entertainment as an S3 student are particularly encouraged to join.
All S3 stduents and club members are placed in pods representing freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors in the program. S3 pods form the leadership & communication structure for S3 for you to get to know each other, learn about the program, and build your current and future network within the sports industry.
S3 Club Meetings
At the root of a bright future is living with integrity, guided by compassion, honesty and optimism. In fact, according to a study by Bentley University, the top quality sought by employers in hiring millennials is integrity. But, what is integrity?
Integrity is not something you have or don't have. Integrity is part of our development into people who "have the courage to meet the demands of reality." Integrity consists of six essential qualities that determine success. Integrity is at the center of all we do in S3.
Executives, managers, and employees from sales & analytics will engage with students in hands-on training and experiential learning.