Applications to the S3 program are accepted throughout the year, with the annual deadline the first Friday in March. Preference is given to those applying in the sophomore year prior to spring registration, but applications are considered until the accepted classes are full. Please refer to the side bar on the right hand side of this page and click the S3 Application link.
Apply Early: If you expect to be admitted into the Hankamer School of Business at anytime during the next year, apply during the preceding fall or spring prior to the deadline (first Friday in March) to reserve your place in S3. The earlier the application, the better.
- Admission into the Hankamer Business School. Please apply prior to admission. See above.
- S3 Club
- S3 Club attendance will be considered as evidence of commitment and passion for the major.
- Sophomores who attend 75% of S3 Club meetings will be automatically admitted into the S3 major upon application.
- Completion of the application. Due date: First Friday in March.
- Evaluation of the application essays.
- Timing of submission: Earlier is better, signaling commitment and interest.
- Initial Interviews: Third Friday in March.
- Each applicant not meeting the S3 Club criteria above will interview with a team of current S3 majors.
- The interview evaluation form may be found here.
- Secondary Interviews: If needed, prior to spring registration.
- Based on the recommendations of the interview teams, applicants may be asked to interview with Dr. Wakefield & Dr. Lehnus.
- Acceptance Decisions: Prior to spring registration.
- Applicants will be notified by email of acceptance decisions.
- Late applications may be considered, but will be subject to the same process of interviews.