Complete this application if you would like to be a WiFi Coach for Baylor home athletic events. This is a paid position at $8/hour, where you help fans connect to the WiFi network and use the Baylor In-Game app. If you are selected as a WiFi Coach, Baylor will provide you with a shirt to wear, designating you as a WiFi Coach. The shirt will be yours to keep. You will work in teams of two or three, to be stationed as assigned by the Head WiFi Coach, who will check you in and out and manage any issues that arise.
The selection process is highly competitive. ITS will notify you by June 1st if you are selected.
Benefits to you
- Opportunity to be involved in Baylor's use of innovative technology. Baylor was the first college athletics program to use this type of game day app, which is provided by YinzCam. (www.Yinzcam.com)
- Get paid to have fun and contribute to an important and exciting University event.
- Internship giving you customer service and mobility experience. You can list this on your resume and it will require less that 50 hours time commitment for the semester.
- Early and free entrance to Baylor Athletic games.
- Competitive selection process. These positions are highly sought after and Baylor will select a limited number of students. Your selection is based on your application.
Requirements of you
- Commit to working 4 of the 6 Baylor Football home games. We prefer that you work all the games, but understand that you may have conflicts. There will also be opportunities to work Baylor basketball games as well.
- Attend a training meeting during the week before each home game.
- Show up on time, work the entire shift and be helpful to the fan.
- Own a smart phone (iPhone or Android) and be willing to bring it to training and games. You must also be willing to use your phone for messaging, texting and running an app to check Wi-Fi network performance.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement in the Wi-Fi game day support processes. Potentially be available for other events and/or special marketing/public relations. You will be paid for each event.