Interested in Applying?
The decision to pursue an MBA degree is an important one. Successful Baylor applicants demonstrate strong leadership ability, analytical skills, and a passion for excellence.
Qualified MBA candidates will be admitted regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, or disability.
Application Deadlines for 2021:
All MBA students start the MBA program in the summer semester and will register for courses in the Summer II term. Incoming students should plan to be available to start on-campus instruction as early as mid-July 2021.
|Decision Round||Application Deadline||Decision Notification|
|Round 1: Application Deadline & Scholarship Priority||November 15, 2020||December 1, 2020|
|Round 2: Application Deadline||February 15, 2021||March 1, 2021|
|International Applicant Deadline||March 15, 2021||April 1, 2021|
|Round 3: Application & Scholarship Deadline||April 15, 2021||May 1, 2021|
|Final Application Deadline||May 15, 2021||June 15th, 2021|
* Due to COVID-19, we are extending our Final Application Deadline for 2020. This will return to May 15th for 2021.
Admission decisions are usually made within two weeks of receiving all required materials or by the notification date that corresponds with the application deadline. The FTMBA accepts applications after the published deadlines on a case-by-case basis.
The Application Process
Step 1: Start Application
The 2021 Full-Time MBA application is expected to become available in early August. We incorporate rolling admissions. As such, your application will be reviewed when it is received along with all required materials. Once the 2021 application becomes available, start your application and select "MBA-Full-time" as your Degree of Interest.
Step 2: Submit your Materials
- Current Resume & Cover Letter
- The Cover letter should include reasons why you are qualified for a place in the program, how your participation will add value to the program, and provide any other information that would be useful for the admissions committee. Target length should be one page.
- One Letter of Recommendation
- The recommendation should be written by someone who can speak to your professional strengths and weaknesses and past success and accomplishments. Ideal recommenders would be a past/current supervisor or professor.
- Transcripts are required only from degree-granting institutions for bachelor's degrees and higher.
- GMAT/GRE Score**
- Unofficial scores are acceptable for the evaluation process
- Application Fee
- A $50 non- refundable fee is required to process your application.
- The Business School waives the application fee for the following applicants:
- Active duty or veteran military personnel
- Baylor University Alumni (this waiver does not apply to currently-enrolled undergraduates)
For a detailed list of the application materials and overall process, please download our Application Checklist.
**COVID-19 IMPACT ON GMAT/GRE: Due to COVID-19's impact, both the GMAT and the GRE are now offered online. If you intend to apply to the Full-Time MBA for 2021, you should expect to take either the GMAT or the GRE and begin preparing as soon as possible to give yourself every opportunity to score well. If test waivers are offered in the future due to continued COVID-19 impact, applications that include either a GMAT or GRE score may be more competitive. Preparing for and scoring well on either the GMAT or GRE is a great way to increase your odds of not only being accepted into the FTMBA, but also increase the odds of receiving a competitive scholarship. To prepare for the GMAT or GRE, take a moment to visit our blog to read: GMAT & GRE—Getting the Score You Want.
Updated July 6, 2020
Step 3: Schedule an Interview
Once the application and all required supporting documents have been reviewed, competitive applicants will be invited to schedule an official admissions interview. While we typically encourage all applicants to come to campus for the interview, we will only be offering virtual interviews until further notice.