Baylor Youth Entrepreneur Award
Baylor University is proud to announce the third annual Baylor Youth Entrepreneur Awards.
Baylor University's Baugh Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise is seeking outstanding young entrepreneurs to honor and recognize as part of its fifth annual Baylor Youth Entrepreneur Award program. Students currently in high school who are running new ventures may be nominated to receive recognition and compete for cash prizes.
Through the program, Baylor entrepreneurship seeks identify and formally recognize the most promising young entrepreneurs in the country and provide them with an opportunity to network, explore options to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams at Baylor and to receive financial support for their ventures.
We hope you'll join us for this special event. Please find additional information about this award in the pages of this site regarding format, prizes, and eligibility.
We wish the best of luck to all of the youth entrepreneurs!
THE 2019 NOMINATION PROCESS WILL OPEN APRIL 1.
PLEASE CHECK BACK.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please email Baylor_YEA@Baylor.edu.
Eligibility and Award Information:
You can find more information about the awards process by clicking the tabs below. More information can be found on the designated page for each topic.
Below is a summary of the eligibility guidelines for the Baylor Youth Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Follow this link to learn more about Eligibility
- Be a high school student during 2019-2020 school year
- Have an established business that currently generates revenue (or has clear sight to revenue within 3 months of application date)
- Be the primary owner-operator of business
- Operate anywhere in continental USA or online
- Submit application and video by August 30, 2019
- Be able to attend live awards events on Thursday evening (November 14) and Friday (November 15) on Baylor's campus in Waco, Texas
A brief description of the format for the award is provided below.
For more detailed information about our process, visit awards format page
- Eligible students must be nominated by completing the nomination form through the Baylor Youth Entrepreneur of the Year website between April 1 - July 8.
- Self-nomination is allowed
- Once all nominations are collected, nominated students will be contacted by Baylor Entrepreneurship staff
- Nominees will need to submit a 2-3 page description of their business, along with a 4-5 minute video by August 30.
- Submissions will be judged and ten finalists will be invited to attend our awards ceremony event on Baylor University's campus
- Winners will be announced at the ceremony and cash prizes will be awarded
Below is a summary of information regarding the guidelines for nomination
More information can be found on our Nominations page
- Nomination period: April 1 - July 8, 2019
- Students must be in high school at the time of nomination to be eligible
- Anyone may nominate a student for consideration for the Baylor Youth Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Students can nominate themselves as well
- Nominators must complete the nomination form through this website - nominations sent by email, phone, or any other means will not be eligible
- Click here to access the Nomination Form.
All nominees will be contacted to ensure acceptance of the nomination. Upon acceptance, nominees must submit the materials below for judging.
More information can be found on our Material Submissions page.
- Updated contact information and information about the nominee
- Written summary of business idea, including proposal for future plans
- Video summary of business idea, conducted by student nominee
Once all of these materials are collected, they will be passed on to our judges to determine the finalists.
Below is a summary of the important dates relating to the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award:
|April 1, 2019||Nomination Period Opens|
|July 8, 2019||Nomination Deadline (11:59 p.m.)|
|August 30, 2019||Material Submission Deadline (11:59 p.m.)|
|September 13-23, 2019||Judging Period|
|September 27, 2019||Finalists Notified|
|October 18, 2019||RSVP Deadline|
|November 15, 2019||Awards Event Date|
We are excited to award prizes to our young entrepreneur of the year finalists!
- First Place
- $2,000.00 cash
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year trophy
- BU Swag
- Second Place
- $1,000.00 cash
- BU Swag
- Third Place
- $500.00 Cash
- BU Swag