"Economics is a study of mankind in the ordinary business of life."
—Alfred Marshall (1842-1924)
Every day, in the ordinary and extraordinary business of our lives, we encounter difficult economic issues:
- Should I borrow money to buy a computer, or should I use my savings?
- Should I exchange dollars for pesos today, or should I wait until tomorrow?
- Will the recent increases in stock prices continue?
- Why has employment not risen in the current economic recovery?
- How will new technologies affect the price I pay for telephone service?
- What kind of health care reform is best for my country?
- Why do even moderately successful professional baseball players earn such high salaries?
- Should the North American Free Trade Agreement be extended to other nations of the Western Hemisphere?
- How will the European Union change its Common Agricultural Policy to accommodate new members in Central and Eastern Europe?
- Will Russia and its neighbors successfully complete their market transition programs?
In economics, we apply powerful tools of analysis to questions such as these. At Baylor, we offer a variety of flexible undergraduate and graduate-level degree programs and courses to meet the specific needs of our students. Our economics graduates are pursuing successful careers in domestic and international business, government, and education.
Members of our economics faculty are actively engaged in academic research, public service, and international activities. Our highest professional responsibility, however, is to our students. Our classes are relatively small, and faculty members are available for extensive interaction with students.
- Baylor University Recognizes Gift by Ed and Denise Crenshaw, Names Hankamer School of Business Deanship in Honor
- BBBD Sales Competition Winners Announced
- Baylor Rises to No. 76 in Latest U.S. News Rankings, in Top 10 for Undergraduate Entrepreneurship, Among 'Most Innovative Schools'
- Baylor University Announces $5 Million Gift from Ed and Denise Crenshaw
- November0420Explore ProSales Corporate EventZOOM (PW = ProSales)
- November0420Baylor Business Ethics Competition - Kick Off MeetingFoster 143/144