The Application Process
GoBAYLOR Grad is your guide through the application process. The following steps can help you navigate you through the GoBAYLOR Grad account process:
- Sign up for a GoBAYLOR Grad account
- Select Profile: Enter your basic information in each section. Required fields are highlighted in red and must be completed before you start your application.
- Select Dashboard: Choose "Start New Application" which will appear after you complete your profile. You can enter and save information, and then return to your application anytime by clicking "Dashboard".
- Select Documents: Upload unofficial copies of your transcripts if you have them. Otherwise, have official transcripts mailed directly to the Baylor Executive MBA Program | Austin: 3107 Oak Creek Dr, Suite 240, Austin,TX 78727, Attn: Stacy McCracken.
Upon logging into the online application, please select the following degree program and concentrations:
- Degree Program: EMBA in Business - Austin
- Concentration: "None" for regular MBA students OR
- Concentration: "Health Care Administration" for Healthcare MBA students
It is not necessary to complete the application in one sitting. We recommend that you save frequently as you go along.
The application includes the following:
- Application Form
- Name and email address for three recommenders
- Three essays
- Transcripts (from all collegiate schools attended)
- Application Fee
Note: A GMAT score is not required to be admitted to the program.
|Download the Application Checklist|
We regularly hold individual application appointments to help walk applicants through the process, either by phone or in person. To schedule your application appointment, email Brie Garonzik at Gabrielle_Garonzik@baylor.edu today!
Upload a current resume detailing:
- Work experience and career progression to date
- Range of job responsibilities including managerial, supervisory and budgetary experience
- Educational background
- Activities, honors, or awards you have received that would be of interest to the Admissions Committee
Letters of Recommendation
As part of the application, you must provide the name, title, and email address of three references. Each reference will be sent an email message with a link directing him/her on how to submit the recommendation either by uploading a file or entering text into a form.
Letters of recommendation are sent directly to the Admissions Committee via the online application system or can be emailed directly to Stacy McCracken, Director for the Executive MBA Program for consideration at Stacy_McCracken@baylor.edu.
Please consider the following topic areas when you are writing your letter of recommendation.
- Leadership potential
- Energy and initiative
- Character and integrity
- Ability to develop others
- Ability to work in a team
- Broad perspective and intellectual curiosity
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Analytical thinking and reasoning
- Oral and written communication skills
Reference Letter Guidelines
- Through your reference letter, we are interested in learning specific examples of both intellectual and professional achievement of the person you are recommending and specifically what they will bring to the Baylor Executive MBA program. Furthermore, we would like you to highlight the applicant’s potential for success as a business leader, with particular emphasis on his or her character.
- Please think about how long and in what capacity you have known the applicant. How does he or she stand out from others who have shared a similar role? How does the applicant interact with others; can you provide an example of when he or she has had an impact on a person, group or organization? How does the applicant defend his or her ideas; can you provide an example? Is there an area where the applicant has room for professional growth? How will the Baylor Executive MBA contribute to that growth?
- The reference letters are the most helpful to applicants when they point to actual observations of the candidate’s actions. Please be as specific as you can be when you are writing, giving detailed examples where possible.
You must complete 3 essays as part of your application.
You should thoroughly answer each question using specific examples and experiences. Essays are an opportunity to provide insight into your motivations for applying and your career aspirations rather than rehashing your resume. They also serve as a writing sample to gauge your writing proficiency.
The online application will direct you on how to submit your essays either by direct entry into the application or uploading a WordDoc/PDF.
Optional 4th Essay: If you have additional information or feel there are extenuating circumstances which you would like to share with the Admissions Committee. Please complete your optional essay in 250 words or less.
Potential topics for your 4th essay may include:
- Significant gaps in work experience
- Choice of recommenders
- Academic performance issues
- Areas of weakness in your application
An official transcript (in a sealed envelope) is needed from EVERY college or university the applicant has ever attended.
NOTE: Baylor is now accepting digital transcripts from 5 "approved companies". They are SCRIP-SAFE, DOCUFIDE (PARCHMENT), AVOW SYSTEMS, NATIONAL STUDENT CLEARINGHOUSE and CREDENTIALS, INC.
Transcripts should be mailed to the Baylor Executive MBA Office in Austin:
3107 Oak Creek Drive, Suite 240
Austin, TX 78727
Attn: Stacy McCracken
We will contact you to schedule an interview upon receiving your completed application and transcripts. After the interview, your application will be sent to the Baylor Graduate School Admissions Committee for final review and approval.