Transfer - More Info
Transfer Undergraduate Admission Process
Transfer students interested in applying to the Dallas campus from other accredited colleges and universities are eligible each year to apply for our spring cohort that starts in January
. Please note there is not
a fall start for Transfer students. In order to be considered for admission, students must demonstrate successful completion of prerequisite courses and pass an entrance exam.
Minimum Application Requirements
Prerequisite Course Information
- 44 of the 63 prerequisite course hours completed
- 2 of the 4 prerequisite science courses completed (8 hours)
- 3.0 minimum GPA of completed prerequisite courses
- 2.75 science GPA
- 2.75 overall cumulative GPA
- HESI A2 Exam requirement
* English Composite score of 80 or above
* Math score of 80 or above
There are 63 hours of required courses a student must complete prior to starting our program. However, a student only needs 44 of the 63 hours of prerequisite courses completed (including 2 of the 4 science courses) in order to apply. A student must successfully complete all prerequisite courses prior to starting the BSN program. The minimum grade point average to be considered for admission is a 3.0 in the prerequisite courses.
Anatomy & Physiology I
Anatomy & Physiology II
English Composition I
English Composition II
State & Local Government *Not required for post-baccalaureate applicants
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Sociology
2 semesters of same Foreign Language (Spanish recommended) OR 1 semester of Communications elective and 1 semester of Fine Arts elective5 *Not required for post-baccalaureate applicants
1May be met by a course in American, British, or World Literature, or by an upper-level (that is, above the intermediate level) literature course in modern foreign languages or in classical languages.
2Two courses (6 hours) are required to satisfy the religion requirements. Transfer students can take world religion for one requirement however the second requirement must be a bible based religion course. We will also accept Old Testament and New Testament.
3Must be a course in World History, Western Civilization, a survey course in American History, or History of the American Woman.
4Course must cover entire life span.
5If taking Spanish as your language, must complete through equivalent of Baylor's SPA 1402/1412.
Please use the transfer course equivalency tool to verify.
Please note: The following applies to any college work taken prior to transfer:
- To determine whether a course will transfer into Baylor University from another college or university, please refer to the Equivalent Course Tool.
- The most recent grade earned in a course will be used to calculate prerequisite GPA. However, any grade earned below a "C" will be factored into GPA but will require an applicant to retake the course in order to achieve a passing grade.
- If a science or foreign language course is offered with separate lecture and lab, both portions must be completed. It is recommended that separate lecture and lab portions be completed through the same university or college.
- Credit by examination secured through another college or university by a student transferring to Baylor University will be accepted only to the extent that the exam and scores are equivalent to what Baylor accepts. Scores received must meet the Baylor University minimum score requirements stated in the Credit By Examination brochure in effect in the year that the student entered college as a freshmen. To find more information regarding accepted exams and minimum score requirements, please refer to the Baylor University testing website click here.
HESI A2 Entrance Exam
Students must complete the following sections:
- English Composite (reading comprehension, vocabulary, general knowledge & grammar)
Minimum scores of 80 or better on both the HESI A2 math and English composite portions are required to be eligible to apply to the nursing program. The HESI A2 exam may only be taken once during each admission period. In the event a student has taken the exam more than once, the most recent exam will be counted. HESI A2 scores cannot be pieced together. Please refer to the HESI A2 Information page to learn how to register to take the exam and how to submit official scores to LHSON, click link.
Students whose first/native language is not English, are required to take the TOEFL, regardless of US education, or years of residence. The Louise Herrington School of Nursing requires applicants to attain a minimum score of 560 on the paper based test, 220 on the computer based test, or 83 on the internet based test (IBT).
*Please note: the TOEFL score required by the Louise Herrington School of Nursing is higher than the minimum required by Baylor University.
Transfer students must submit a completed Nursing School Application by July 15 (with official transcripts and official HESI A2 exam scores) to be considered for admission for our spring term.
To begin your application, please create an account through NursingCAS. If you have any further questions about the NursingCAS application, please contact the NursingCAS Customer Service team 617.612.2880 or https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/
Additional Application Information
Please carefully review the official admissions policy to acquaint yourself with ALL requirements for attending the Louise Herrington School of Nursing.
Contact for transfer applicants:
Please email BU_Nursing@baylor.edu or call 972-576-9224