Do you ever feel that there is never enough time in the day?
Always find yourself exhausted with little free time?
The goal of this presentation is to provide you with information that will allow you to use your time more efficiently and effectively.
Time Management: A Three Step Process
- Evaluate where you spend your time
- Develop strategies that will help you be more efficient with your time
- Change you time management periodically to fit your needs
- Keep track of everything you do for three days to determine how you are spending your time.
- Make a journal and jot down for three days everything that you do
- Include how long each task/event takes
- Pay specific attention to where you are wasting your time?
- How much time do you spend surfing the net?
- Reading personal emails?
- Checking social media sites like Facebook, Myspae, and Wtritter
- Making Personal Phone Calls?
- Plan each day out
- No day is the same
- Write a to do list, with the most important things that need to be completed at the top
- Keep a schedule of your daily activities
- Each week go over what the schedule will be for the next week
- This will help you become accustomed to what the week will bring
- Take the time that you need to do a quality job
- This saves you from having to go back and do something all over again, which takes more time.
- Break larger tasks/time consuming tasks in to smaller ones
- This makes things a little more manageable
- Chip a little bit away at a time until the job is finally done
- Limit distractions when completing tasks
- Block out time in your calendar
- Turn off your cell phone, pagers, and close the door to work more efficiently
- When distractions occur, this makes takes you off task and longer for you to complete what you are doing
- When studying dedicate a specific study space that is free from distraction
- Practicing Healthy Decisions are important
- Get a good night rest, eat healthy, and exercise regularly
- Practicing a healthy life style can increase your focus and concentration
- An increase in focus and concentration, will decrease the time you need to complete a task
- Block study times and breaks
- Too much stress can cause you to shut down
- What you do during the break is important
- Time during breaks should be spent re-energizing yourself
- Postpone unnecessary activities
- Use spare time wisely
- Combine several activities – multitasking
- No day or week is the same
- Each person has things that work and don’t work for them
- Find out what works, and what doesn’t
- Do what feels right and what you comfortable with