Angela Benson Williams, daughter of Dr. Les and Darlene Benson in Waco, Texas, spent most of her life in Amarillo, Texas competing in Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, and Track. Upon graduation she attended Baylor, majoring in Religion and minoring in Business. She was under the tutelage of Coach Clyde Hart and Danny Brabham for two semesters before her collegiate career ended with an injury to her shoulder. Angela then began working with Young Girls Growing Into Womanhood at Greater New Light MBC and coached with Kevin Henry in Henry Hoops Basketball for six years while working at a law firm before she decided to change course and pursue a Master of Divinity in 2007.
During her time at seminary she married the love of her life, Justin, and became the mother of Jada and was additionally blessed with two sons: Joshua and Stephen. Over the next four years she commuted weekly from Houston to Waco in order to complete her Seminary education, interning with Fellowship of Christian Athletes her last semester. Now a full-time employee with FCA, Angela's love and knowledge of sport coupled with her intense passion to serve and honor Jesus Christ motivate her as she ministers to coaches and athletes in the North Houston area.
She is the first to be trained and sent forth from the Sports Ministry program, headed by Dr. John White, which began in spring 2012.
• I coached Rocco Nugent in basketball and his mother, Shemane asked me to be on her pilot, Queen of the Forest, where I was hunting with Ted Nugent.
• When I was younger I used to step on bugs then spit on them (my own personal form of baptism, I suppose).
• When I am having a troubling day and need to laugh, I stand in front of a full body mirror, point both of my feet inward (toes to the center) with one foot slightly in front of the other, and bend my knees back and forth. It sounds awkward but looks funny and always brightens my day!
Grant grew up in Liberty, MS and went to Amite School Center for High School. After high school, he attended Southwest Community College in Summit, MS and then transferred to William Carey University where he graduated in 2009 with a BA in both Public Relations and Biblical Studies. Grant expects to graduate in Spring 2014 with a Master of Divinity, concentrating in Sports Chaplaincy after he completes an internship with Athletes in Action at LSU. He currently resides in Corsicana, TX with his wife of just over a year, Kimberly Rainey.
• Especially love playing Disc Golf, pickup basketball, or Ultimate Frisbee
• Avid Lost fan
• My last meal would be Turbaconepic (look it up)
• Born an LSU fan, adopted into the Baylor family (so gold will always be in my blood)
• Wanted to be a Ninja Turtle when I grew up
• Will always believe that Superman is better than Batman