- Map the Meal Gap - a county by county breakdown of the entire United States listing food insecurity rates, cost of a meal, financial resources needed to close the meal gap, and other relevant information. Released March 2011
- Food Stamped - a documentary about a family attempting to eat a healthy and well-balanced diet on a food stamps budget.
- FRAC (Food Research and Action Center) Data - Statistics, trends, and comparative analysis of poverty, hunger, and food program participation rates in the United States.
- The State of Texas Children - a county by county breakdown of relevant data including nutrition, education, violence, and economic security.
- Sweet Charity, Janet Poppendieck
- All You Can Eat, Joel Berg
- American Dream, Jason DeParle
- Nickeled and Dimed, Barbara Ehrenreich
- The Third Freedom, George McGovern