To apply for this scholarship, please download the application using the link below:
Please turn your completed applications in to the Student Government office drop-box by Friday, April 11th by 5:00 p.m.
For questions, please contact Lexington Holt
A.A. MARJORIE HYDEN ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP FUND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Applications for the 2014-2015 award are now available! Please review the following information to learn more about this special scholarship opportunity. For more information contact: Lexington Holt
To award merit scholarships to students in recognition of leadership ability, service to the University community, and as an incentive for further leadership achievements.
Over the years, the Baylor Student Government has placed an emphasis upon student involvement in positions of leadership within the University community. Echoing this commitment to excellence in student leadership has been Dr. A.A. Hyden who has now retired. Over his twenty one years of service as the Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Affairs, Dr. Hyden set an admirable example for the students of Baylor University. Because of his commitment to students, this Endowment is dedicated in his honor.
The establishment and success of this fund will enable the Student Government to make a lasting contribution to the University by committing to Baylor's care an endowment of significant proportions. Furthermore, it will ensure that Student Government will have the opportunity and the means by which to positively impact the general welfare of Baylor and her students on an annual basis.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of leadership in any the following areas:
- Church Activities
- Performing Arts
- Social Activities
All applicants must:
- Be classified as a junior or senior in the fall of 2014
- Plan to complete at least 12 hours at Baylor in the fall of 2014
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 at Baylor University
- Have completed 12 hours at Baylor at the time of application
- Be eligible (as determined by the Department of Financial Aid) to receive money in the form of tuition credit
The Committee shall award each scholarship based on the following:
- Scholarship must be $500, but not more than $1,000
- Members of the Student Endowment Committee shall not be eligible for a scholarship.