Center for Statistical Consulting (CSC)
The Center for Statistical Consulting is Open.
The Center for Statistical Consulting is a service provided by the Department of Statistical Science at Baylor University. The Center provides statistical consulting services to members of the University community, government, and industry. The CSC has a three part mission:
- Research Participation - To provide high quality statistical input to high quality research projects.
- Education - To train statisticians to interact effectively with investigators from other disciplines.
- Collaboration - To encourage collaborative research between statisticians and investigators from other disciplines.
The type of services provided by the CSC include:
Short Term Statistical Analysis:
For students, researchers and faculty at Baylor University, we provide advice and assistance with short-term statistical analysis at no charge. You are especially encouraged to contact us early in your research, preferably at the design stage. The time normally required to complete a project may vary from a few hours to several weeks.
- Designing experiments and initial plans for data collection.
- Providing advice on statistical methodology for the analysis of data.
- Assisting researchers in the interpretation of statistical results.
- Providing assistance for writing computer programs, particularly, SAS programs.
Long Term Collaborative Research:
We seek to promote cross-disciplinary interaction and collaborative research between the faculty and students in Statistics and their counterparts in other disciplines.
Assistance in Preparation of Research Grant Proposals:
We invite researchers working on grant proposals to include statistical consulting and data-analysis as an item in their research plans and their budgets.
For problems concerning installation and licensing of statistical software or data management, please contact the Help Desk (254-710-4357).