Baylor Counseling Center: 254-710-2467 (24hrs)
Office of Spiritual Life: 254-710-3517
To speak with a chaplain, contact: Amanda_Horton@baylor.edu
Good Grief - a student grief group
A place of community and hope for those grieving the loss of a loved one
Do you find yourself needing to be in community with others that have experienced a loss? Do you need others that "get it"?
Then come join us on Thursdays. This information group is a safe place to share your hurt and your joys. No matter where you are in your grieving process, you are welcome.
This grief group meets on Thursdays at 2pm in the Bobo Spiritual Life Center.
For more information contact Amanda_Horton@baylor.edu
When to seek counseling:
· When it becomes almost impossible for you to get out of bed.
· When you have thoughts of harming yourself of others
· When you have not talked to anyone about your loss.
· When you experience a sudden change in personality.
|Every December the Office of Spiritual Life holds a Christmas consolation service for those in the Baylor community who are experiencing grief and loss. This service is a time of worship in which we acknowledge our situation and lift it up before God. For more information please contact Spiritual Life at 245-170-3517.|
- Good Grief by Granger Westberg
- Lament for a Son by Nicholas Woltorstorff
- The Unwanted Gift of Grief by Tim VanDuivendyk
- Where is God When it Hurts by Phillip Yancey
- Turning my Mourning into Dancing: Finding Hope in Hard Times by Henri Nouwen
- A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
- Tracks of a Fellow Struggler: Living and Growing for Grief by John Claypool
- Is God to Blame? Beyond Pat Answers to the Problem of Suffering by Greg Boyd
* copies of all these books are available at the Resource Library at the Bobo Spiritual LifeCenter