Â If you are interested in medical missions, check out the following opportunities in
El Salvador, Ghana, Guatemala, or Panama for 2013!
El Salvador: Medical Team (NEW for 2013!)see pictures from our recent exploratory trip
Location: San Salvador, El Salvador
Dates: March 9-16, 2013 (Spring Break)
About this team:
- Collaborate with Universidad Evangelica de El Salvador in medical projects & observations at the hospital
- Areas include: Internal Medicine, Surgery, Ginecology, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, etc.
- Assist with Medical Brigade at a rural community:
- Activities: medical appointments, counseling, childrenâ€™s health education, medicine delivery, adult health education, and more!Â
- Meet with & learn from University and School of Medicine authorities
- Attend local church services and visit cultural sites
*Preference given to upper-level students in the PreHealth program and heading to a
healthcare profession such as med school, nursing, dental school, PT, physician assistant, etc*
Learn more about our global partner: http://uees.edu.sv/carreras/fac-medicina.htm
Approximate Cost: $1900
Contact: Carlos Colon or Dr. Lauren Barron
Ghana: Leadership & Service
(Community Health & Wellness Focus)
View their website HERE!
Location: Accra & Kumasi, Ghana
Dates: May 19-June 2, 2013
About this team:
You will assist in providing care to patient in Kwame Nkrumah University
Hospital as well as offering health fairs throughout the community. You
will have the opportunity to do rotations and learn more about the
health concerns of a developing country.
What you will learn:
- Broaden cultural competency
- Learn about Ghanaâ€™s healthcare systems
- Understand deeper the importance of community health
- Understand the health needs in a developing country
- Improve the ability to advocate for the needs of the most vulnerable patient populations in the world
Great for students interested in Medical, Health, & Wellness professions!
for more information, check out our brochure!
Approximate Cost: $3550.00 + Additional Expenses
Contact: Ramona Curtis or Lori Genous
AMSA (American Medical Student Association)
Spring Break Student Organization Mission Trip
PanamaMAPS (Multicultural Association of Pre-Health Students)
Spring Break Student Organizaiton Mission Trip
*Must be a member of MAPS to apply*
for more information, contact student leaders: Dustin_Luse@baylor.edu or Chidinma_Okani@baylor.edu