Find out more about the vision of Baylor University as it relates to you and how you may benefit as a student in the School of Education.
Preparing Leaders, Impacting the World, Shaping the Future
These are more than words for the Baylor School of Education. We believe graduates of our programs are the leaders of tomorrow, shaping the future in the classroom, in administration, in academia and in many other areas.
Founded in 1919, the Baylor School of Education (SOE)
PREPARES LEADERS beginning in undergraduate programs and continuing through master’s level work and culminating in both EdD and PhD programs,
IMPACTS THE WORLD as students participate in faculty-guided fieldwork, service learning and community-focused research in local and global contexts,
SHAPES THE FUTURE by mentoring the whole person, developing an understanding of theory and practice and encouraging responsiveness to one’s calling.
SOE at a Glance
The Baylor School of Education consists of three departments:
- Curriculum & Instruction (preparation for classroom teachers and specialists);
- Educational Administration (post-graduate preparation for school leadership and undergraduate minor in leadership);
- Educational Psychology (undergraduate and graduate programs for those who are interested in learning, development, measurement, and exceptionalities.
SOE DistinctivesThe Baylor School of Education is committed to excellence and in-depth preparation for classroom teachers and other education professionals.
- The SOE is accredited nationally by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Six semesters of field work and yearlong internships for teacher candidates provide faculty-guided field training that is second to none.
- Caring faculty provide instruction based on cutting-edge research.
- SOE graduates are in demand, with teacher candidates being sought by top schools districts because of their classroom experience.
SOE students are encouraged to cultivate critical thinking abilities, to assess information from a Christian perspective, to arrive at informed and reasoned conclusions and to become lifelong learners.
The caring nature of its faculty, commitment to faith-based learning and desire to see students become successful distinguish the Baylor School of Education as a special place to pursue bachelor, master, and doctoral studies.