Doctor of Philosophy
The goals of Doctor of Philosophy program are to:
- Develop researchers with a balance between disciplinary and multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Develop researchers in exceptionalities, learning and development, and/or measurement.
- Improve the quality of instruction and research at higher education institutions.
- Develop teachers who are scholars and encourage inquiry-based learning and creative production.
Graduates from this program may expect to:
- Teach at the higher education level such as in departments of educational psychology or curriculum instruction, medical schools, at church-related institutions, and at community colleges.
- Coordinate centers for professional development and continuing education in colleges, private industry, or the health fields.
- Develop and implement honors programs at the higher education level.
- Develop field-based adult-based education programs.
- Become evaluators in public or private schools.
- Become researchers in research and development centers.
Download a brochure that describes the program.
Contact the director of the program: Susan K. Johnsen, Ph.D.