Each semester of supervision is recognized for 5 continuing education units to meet continuing education requirements for social work licensure by the State of Texas. (Recognition of continuing education units is available to Task Supervisors in other disciplines as approved by their discipline.) The School of Social Work does not provide the actual hours or units but does provide a certificate of proof that the supervision occurred during the appropriate semester. The certificates are mailed at the end of the semester.
The School of Social offers opportunities for continuing education units throughout the academic year. Field Instructors and Task Supervisors who are supervising students during the semester that the opportunities are offered can receive free CE hours. Please see list below, as well as the School of Social Work calendar, for upcoming opportunities:
Field Brown Bag Series:
- January 11, 2013 – Field Instructor and Task Supervisor Orientation and Training; 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., School of Social Work, (up to 6 hours credit; 3 hours for orientation and 3 hours for training)
- May 7, 2013 – MSW Practice Colloquium; 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Cashion Academic Center, Baylor Campus, Waco, Texas (up to 6 hours credit, including ethics).
A series of seminars/topics will be offered during the academic year, with one CE hour available. These seminars are offered to Field Instructors and Task Supervisors who are supervising student interns during that academic year. Please bring your own lunch.
- January 31, 2013 – "Substance Abuse: Challenges and Treatment Strategies", Rae Wright, LCSW (Christian Farms Treehouse, Inc.); 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work
- March 28, 2013 – "Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) What and When", Viviana Triana, MDiv, LCSW (Advocacy Center); 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work
- May 23, 2013 – "Parent Care: Opportunities and Challenges for Social Work Practice", Dennis Myers, PhD, LCSW (Baylor SSW); 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work
- July 18, 2013 – "Introduction to Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD", Vicki Northern, LCSW (Veterans Health Administration); 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work