Each semester of supervision is recognized for 5 continuing education units to meet continuing education requirements for social work licensure by the State of Texas. (Recognition of continuing education units is available to Task Supervisors in other disciplines as approved by their discipline.) The School of Social Work does not provide the actual hours or units but does provide a certificate of proof that the supervision occurred during the appropriate semester. The certificates are mailed at the end of the semester.
The School of Social offers opportunities for continuing education units throughout the academic year. Field Instructors and Task Supervisors who are supervising students during the semester that the opportunities are offered can receive free CE hours. Please see list below, as well as the School of Social Work calendar, for upcoming opportunities:
Field Brown Bag Series:
- October 29, 2013 – Dyer Ethics Workshop; 1:30 – 4:30 p.m., Region XII Service Center (3 hours of ethics credit)
- January 10, 2014 – Field Instructor and Task Supervisor Orientation and Training; 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., School of Social Work, (up to 6 hours credit; 3 hours for orientation and 3 hours for training)
- May 6, 2014 – MSW Practice Colloquium; 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Cashion Academic Center, Baylor Campus, Waco, Texas (up to 6 hours credit, including ethics).
A series of seminars/topics will be offered during the academic year, with one CE hour available. These seminars are offered to Field Instructors and Task Supervisors who are supervising student interns during that academic year. Please bring your own lunch.
- September 18, 2013 – David Pooler, "Joy in Social Work", 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work
- November 20, 2013 – Doug McDurham, "Accessing Resources for Food and Healthcare", 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work
- January 22, 2014 – Sohani Cooray, "War-Induced Trauma in Children: Issues and Treatment", 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work
- March 19, 2014 – Jessica Raddin, "Therapeutic Challenges and Strategies with Domestic Violence Victims", 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work
- May 28, 2014 – Natalee Oliver, "Confusion and the Elderly", 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work
- July 16, 2014 – Kyna Lichtenstein, "Paint, Play Dough, Peace: Therapeutic Use of Art and Play Across the Life Span", 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., School of Social Work