1. How do I find out where I am supposed to be advised?
Advising requirements can be found on BearWeb. If you are admitted to the School of Social Work and do not know who your faculty adviser is, you can contact Angela Traylor 254-710-7389.
2. How do I change my major to Social Work?
You may contact Charletra Hurt, 254-710-4479, Director of Recruitment and Career Services, to schedule an appointment.
3. How do I petition to substitute a course that I have taken for a required course for my degree?
You can submit the Equivalent Course Review Process at the following link.
More Information: http://www.baylor.edu/registrar/index.php?id=86532
4. What if the Social Work course that I need to take is closed?
Call or email Angela Traylor, 710-7389 or Angela_Traylor@baylor.edu.
5. What if I want to take an Independent Study course in the School of Social Work?
You will need to find a Social Work faculty member as an instructor of record. After the details have been worked out between you and the faculty member, then the course is set up so that you can register and add it to your schedule.
6. Where do I find out the information related to Graduation?
Information related to graduation can be found at Baylor Commencement . If you have additional questions, you can contact Angela Traylor at 710-7389 or Angela_Traylor@baylor.edu.
7. Where is the School of Social Work located?
We are located at 811 Washington Avenue in downtown Waco. Parking is available in 2 lots, one on 9th Street and one directly behind the building on Columbus Avenue. Baylor parking decals are required. Street parking is available for those without Baylor parking permits.
8. What is the required GPA for admission to the Social Work major?
Students must have a minimum 2.7 overall GPA to be considered for admission to the Social Work major.