For certain funding programs, sponsors place limitations on the number of applications that may be submitted from a particular institution. In those cases, the Office of the Vice Provost for Research is responsible for designating the investigator or investigators who are authorized to submit applications on Baylor's behalf.
To ensure fairness among potential applicants and promote the submission of the most competitive proposals, the OVPR has established these limited submission procedures.
Faculty who wish to apply for a limited submission funding opportunity must first submit an internal application to the OVPR. Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
The following materials must be attached to the email application in Microsoft Word or PDF format:
- Completed limited submission application form.
- A one- to two-page pre-proposal. The pre-proposal should outline the proposed research and its relevance to the goals of the sponsor and the particular program(s). The most competitive applications will demonstrate a potential to enhance and expand research capabilities at Baylor, preferably across multiple disciplines.
- A CV for each proposed investigator. The CV should be brief and in the format required by the desired sponsor.
- Prospective investigators submit complete internal applications.
- After the internal deadline, the OVPR will review proposals.
- OVPR will notify prospective investigators whether or not they are approved to submit full proposals.
- Investigators are responsible for working with OSP to submit full proposals by the sponsor's deadline.
The OVPR internal deadline for most opportunities will be six weeks prior to the sponsor's deadline. The OVPR internal deadline for the NSF's MRI program is three months prior to the sponsor's deadline.
To be considered complete and timely, applications must be received in the OVPR no later than 5:00 PM on the day of the internal deadline.