Psi Chi - Psychology Student Honors Program
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating,
and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications.
Eligibility for undergraduates includes:
- Completion of 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology courses Ranking in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in both psychology classes and in cumulative grades
The purpose of the Psychology Club is to provide all psychology majors, regardless of GPA, psychology-related
opportunities for service, socializing and networking, for gaining further knowledge of psychological science and
the Baylor Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, for gaining lifelong learning skills in a changing discipline,
and for guidance about how to choose a career, how to find career opportunities, gaining entrance to graduate and professional schools, and career paths for those with bachelor degrees.
Advisor: Dr. Tamara Rowatt
Nu Rho Psi - Neuroscience Student Honors Program
Nu Rho Psi is the National Honor Society in Neuroscience, founded in 2006 by the Faculty for
Undergraduate Neuroscience. The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to:
- Encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience;
- Award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship;
- Advance the discipline of neuroscience;
- Encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty and professionals in
neuroscience and related fields;
- Promote career development in neuroscience and related fields;
- Increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society; and,
- Encourage service to the community.
Who may join?
Membership is by invitation and is open to undergraduate men and women who are making the study of
Neuroscience one of their major interests and who meet the other academic qualifications. Nu Rho Psi is also open to qualifying Neuroscience faculty and alumni of Neuroscience programs.
Requirements for membership include:
- Major or minor in Neuroscience
- Completion of at least 9 semester hours of Neuroscience-related courses
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.2 and a minimum GPA of 3.5 in Neuroscience courses
The advisor for Nu Rho Psi is Dr. Joseph Achor