At the end of each monthly billing cycle the Cardholder shall print his/her Baylor Transaction Detail (BTD) report and Electronic Statement of account that will list the Cardholder's transactions for that period. This will appear on PaymentNet (PN) the JP MorganChase website around the 21st of each month.
The Cardholder shall check each transaction listed on the BTD report and Electronic Statement against his/her receipts.
•The original sales documents (packing slip, invoice, cash register tape, etc.) for all items listed on the Electronic Statement and the Baylor Transaction Detail Report must be neatly attached in sequence to the statement.
•This data attachment is critical to provide audit substantiation.
•Failure to comply will result in the suspension of the Cardholder's P-Card for a minimum of 30 days.
Print / Sign & Date / Present BTD report
After this review, the Cardholder shall:
1. Print, sign and date the BTD report.
2. Present the BTD report and Electronic Statement to his/her Approving Supervisor for approval, signature and date before the end of the current month.
Cardholders Supervisor's Approval
The Approving Supervisor's approval signature and date on a Cardholder's BTD report indicates that the Cardholder was authorized to make the purchases and the purchases were made in accordance with the applicable procedures.
Grants - Principle Investigator's (PI's) Supervisor's Approval
A Supervisor may delegate approval authority thereby allowing a Principal Investigator to review and sign another cardholder's BTD report. (To accomplish this, the Supervisor needs to send the Card Administrator a signed/dated letter specifying the cardholder's newly designated approver). Questions regarding specific Grant purchases should be coordinated with Grants and Sponsored Programs or Grants Accounting.
•The Approving Supervisor shall:
1. Check each transaction listed on the BTD report and Electronic Statement against his/her receipts.
2. Review the original sales documents (packing slip, invoice, cash register tape, etc.) for all items listed and must be neatly attached in sequence to the statement. This data attachment is critical to provide audit substantiation. A receipt or a Missing Receipt Form must exist for each purchase.
3. Review the BTD report to assure:
-Grand total matches the Electronic Statement.
-Notes have been added to each transaction.
-Each purchase is in accordance with University policy, coded correctly and made with available budget funds.
-No tax was paid.
-Cardholder has signed and dated the BTD report.
•Items purchased with the Purchasing Card that are found to be unacceptable should be replaced or corrected by the Cardholder as soon as possible.
•Approved BTD reports and documents shall be maintained in the department for audit purposes and for documentation of adherence to procedures. The documentation will be retained in the department for the current fiscal year plus the previous six (6) fiscal years or for the retention period required by the granting agency of a sponsored program.