The P-card SHALL NOT be used for the
- Individual social and merchant memberships which include a potential personal Cardholder benefit
- Capital Equipment
- Gifts to students
- Gift cards
- Personal purchases
- Non-University purchases (purchases
made with the intention of reimbursing the University)
- Cash advances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel related expenses (except
conference registrations which are allowed)
- Guests & entertainment (except for catering orders through CaterTrax and approved Off Campus Caterers including other expenses listed on the Accounting Code Reference Guide.
- Payments for services which
require signed, contractual agreements and must be approved by the Office
of General Counsel and paid with a voucher. For more
information, visit The Office of General Counsel - Contract Procedures.
- Payments for services, including rentals, licenses and software, conference registration fees, membership fees, and maintenance agreements, from a vendor
with a foreign address or from a vendor located in the United States if
the vendor is not a U.S. payee.
- Payments to a vendor in a boycotting country listed below:
United Arab Emirates
Republic of Yemen
- Printing (except for approved items listed on the Printing Procurement Office (PPO) website ordered online through Baylor's contracted vendor Integ. Before making a purchase, please review PPO's policy at Printing Procurement.
- Copiers, copier parts, and copier
consumables (University-wide contracts exist for these items)
- Office telephones and cellular
phones (office telephones are allowed under direction of Telephone
- Purchases exceeding spending
- Split purchases to circumvent
- For additional Disallowed Purchases please review the Purchasing Manual.
A cardholder making
unauthorized purchases or carelessly using the P-card may be liable for the
total dollar amount of such unauthorized purchases plus any administrative fees
charged by JP Morgan in connection with the misuse. The cardholder may
also be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of