About the Science and Health LLC at Earle Hall
Baylor University began construction on the East Village Residential College in March 2012. The entire 700 bed complex and 500 seat dining hall opened August 2013 for Health Profession Scholars along with Engineering and Computer Science majors. The Science and Health Living & Learning Center is a place where students can engage in learning outside of the classroom in a professionally focused community. Students with common interest in pursuing a career in medicine will be able to collaborate with each other as well as science faculty and medical researchers, allowing them to develop the skills and background to become true medical scholars and future leaders in the healthcare professions. With the location of the Baylor Science Building in close proximity to the new East Village Residential College facilities, the faculty from the sciences and the prehealth programs will be able to engage and support the academic efforts of the students in this LLC. Students immerse themselves in medical and life science experiences that concretely and innovatively connects them with the science faculty and health professional along with the interests and curriculum of Baylor University. The Science and Health LLC will create opportunities for students to engage medicine through research and/or service leadership experiences.Visit the offical Science and Health LLC website by clicking the following link www.baylor.edu/shllc.
Students will not only receive a nationally recognized education but have access to world class facilities with the comforts of home. Our featured amenities:
- Two story dining hall
- Community laundry on each floor
- Study rooms and social lounges
- Two story reception area leading into a living space with adjoining study rooms complete with white boards to maximize study sessions
- Classrooms and seminar rooms inside the residence hall
- Library for larger group studying
- Media & game rooms complete with a large, flat screen TV which is equipped for gaming, billiards, and ping pong
- On site mailboxes
- Front desk service open from 7:00am to 1:00am
- Storage for games and supplies to check-out
- Conference room inside the LLC
- Front quad doubles as a sunken green space with steps for perimeter seating as well as a great space for Frisbee, croquet, volleyball, and other outdoor activities
- Walled courtyard with a BBQ grill, complete with tables for private cookouts and gatherings
- A Residence Hall Director, Graduate Resident Chaplain, and Faculty in Residence will also live within the community
Acceptance to the LLC will be based on academic achievements, student involvement, and best fit in order to create a well-rounded community. Our office will correspond with all students through email to their Baylor Email Account. Accepted and deposited incoming students can activate this email account by visiting www.baylor.edu/BearID.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the East Village Project!