- FDA Approves New Treatment for People With COPD
- Cholesterol Drugs May Speed Healing After Surgery
- Biology to Bedside: Mining Molecular Data for Cancer Prognosis
- Patients with metastatic colon cancer respond to new combination therapy
- "Tell-tail" MRI image diagnosis for Parkinson's: Healthy state of brain cells may be an accurate test
- Specialized care improves treatment outcomes in patients with sleep apnea
- Iron Deficiency May Raise Stroke Risk
- Age plays important role in determining urgency of doctor visit
- Research finds elevated levels of DDT metabolite in Alzheimer's patients
- FDA Approves New Drug to Treat COPD
- Drug offers promising approach to improve outcome for children with high-risk leukemia
- Baby Pics Can Diagnose Deadly Cancer
Preparing the leaders among tomorrow's physicians and dentists, Baylor University's Premedical/Predental Program is both dynamic and demanding. Because of a rich Christian heritage and because of an historical commitment to the private sector education of service-oriented professionals, Baylor University attracts highly motivated students who possess the ability to learn both in and out of the classroom.
The Prehealth Studies Office provides advisement, mentoring, and guidance for Baylor University student s who are interested in any of the eight areas of healthcare including premedical, predental, prephysician assistant, preoptometry, preveterinary, prepharmacy, prephysical therapy, and preoccupational therapy.
The Baylor Prehealth Program recommends that students take coursework specifically geared toward health professions. These courses are listed on Course Listings, and are offered each year either in the fall or spring semester to provide opportunities for every student who is pursuing a health career to gain pertinent information.
The courses currently being offered are: PHP 1106 - Introduction to the Health Profession, PHP 1105 - Foundations of Medicine, and EDP1101 - A workshop course to aid students in development of effective study and self-management skills.
Additionally, workshops present students with detailed guidelines intended for various purposes. The material presented in these workshops varies according to the intended purpose.
Some of the upcoming workshops are Prehealth Advising Workshops, Committee Evaluation Procedure Workshop, and Preparing for the Professional School Interview Workshop.