Immobilization and Towing
The Baylor University Parking Services Department makes every effort to ensure that the vehicle parking policies of Baylor University are consistently and equitably enforced.
As a method of enforcement, vehicles may be towed or immobilized by means of an immobilizing "boot" at the owner's expense when the vehicles are found to be parked in areas or locations which include, but are not limited to, the following locations:
- Fire Lanes
- Unauthorized vehicles in Disabled parking spaces
- Blocking parking lot entrances and/or exits
- Unauthorized vehicles parked in designated 'Reserved Parking' spaces
- Parked in a manner that poses a safety hazard or hinders the normal flow of traffic
- Double-parked causing immobility of legally parked vehicles
If your vehicle has been immobilized or "booted":
- Do NOT attempt to move the vehicle or remove the boot!
- Come to the Parking and Transportation Services Office in the Clifton Robinson Tower with Baylor I.D.
- After appropriate paper work is signed and fees are assessed, you will need to go immediately back to your vehicle.
- A Parking Services Officer will remove the boot once the student arrives back to the vehicle.
If the vehicle is not claimed by 4 p.m. it may be towed.
If your vehicle has been towed:
- Come to Parking and Transportation Services Office in the Clifton Robinson Tower with Baylor I.D. and Driver's License.
- Appropriate paperwork will be signed and a vehicle release form will be given to take to the towing company.
- Once at towing company, show Driver's License, proof of insurance, and vehicle release form.
- Pay fees that have been assessed by tow company.
- Vehicle will be released.