Multicultural Student Leadership SummitPreparing students to engage culture while leading in an ever changing world.
Call for Programs NOW OPEN!Program Information & Submission Form
Deadline - December 6, 2013
PROGRAM NOTIFICATION STATUS: JANUARY 31, 2014
Saturday, April 12, 2014
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Early bird registration (by Jan. 31st)–$30
- Regular registration (by April 6th)–$35
- Late/ walk-in registration (after April 7th) –$40
- Baylor student registration (with discount) –$15
- 9:00am-9:30am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:30am-9:45am Welcome and Door Prizes
- 10:00am-11:00am Workshop Session One
- 11:10am-12:10pm Keynote Speaker
- 12:15pm-1:15pm Lunch
- 1:30pm-2:30pm Workshop Session Two
- 2:45pm-3:30pm T-shirt Swap
- 3:40pm-4:00pm Door Prizes and Closing
By participating in the Baylor Multicultural Student Leadership Summit, students will:
- Enhance their cross-cultural competency and ability to work with people who are different from themselves.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the importance of a healthy ethnic identity.
- Discover ways to build meaningful intra-dependent and inter-dependent relationships that foster collaboration.
- Discuss the perspectives and experiences of different ethnicities, including African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latino, and White.
- Gain effective leadership knowledge and skills, such as time management, organization, communication, and event planning, to manage student organizations.
- Participate in round table discussions covering several topics, from budgeting to officer transitioning.
- Experience meaningful interactions with students from a variety of different colleges & universities.