Multicultural Student Leadership Summit
Purpose: Preparing students to engage culture while leading in an ever changing world.
Call for Programs now open.Program Information & Submission Form
Deadline - December 5, 2014
PROGRAM NOTIFICATION STATUS: JANUARY 31, 2015
Saturday, March 28, 2015
Bill Daniel Student Center
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Early bird registration (by January 31st): $30
- Regular registration (by March 22nd): $35
- Late/ walk-in registration (after March 23rd): $40
- Baylor student registration (with discount): $15
- 9:00am-9:30am Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:30am-9:45am Welcome
- 10:00am-11:00am Workshop Session One
- 11:10am-12:10pm Keynote Speaker
- 12:15pm-1:15pm Lunch
- 1:20pm-1:35pm City Year Presentation
- 1:45pm-2:45pm Workshop Session Two
- 2:55pm-4:00pm Closing
By participating in the Baylor Multicultural Student Leadership Summit, students will:
- Enhance their cross-cultural competency and ability to work with people who are different from themselves.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the importance of a healthy ethnic identity.
- Discover ways to build meaningful intra-dependent and inter-dependent relationships that foster collaboration.
- Discuss the perspectives and experiences of different ethnicities, including African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latino, and White.
- Gain effective leadership knowledge and skills, such as time management, organization, communication, and event planning, to manage student organizations.
- Participate in round table discussions covering several topics, from budgeting to officer transitioning.
- Experience meaningful interactions with students from a variety of different colleges & universities.
Location & Parking Information
The conference will be held in the Bill Daniel Student Center, located at 1311 S. 5th Street. Limited parking is available next to and behind the Student Center. Parking is also available in the Baylor Bookstore Parking Garage, located near the Student Center.