Multicultural Student Leadership SummitPreparing students to engage culture while leading in an ever changing world.
Call for Programs now closed.Program Information & Submission Form
Deadline - December 6, 2013
PROGRAM NOTIFICATION STATUS: JANUARY 31, 2014
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Cashion Academic Center
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Early bird registration (by Jan. 31st): $30
- Regular registration (by April 6th): $35
- Late/ walk-in registration (after April 7th): $40
- Baylor student registration (with discount): $15
- 9:00am-9:30am Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:30am-9:45am Welcome
- 10:00am-11:00am Workshop Session One
- 11:10am-12:10pm Keynote Speaker
- 12:15pm-1:15pm Lunch
- 1:20pm-1:35pm City Year Presentation
- 1:45pm-2:45pm Workshop Session Two
- 2:55pm-4:00pm Closing
By participating in the Baylor Multicultural Student Leadership Summit, students will:
- Enhance their cross-cultural competency and ability to work with people who are different from themselves.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the importance of a healthy ethnic identity.
- Discover ways to build meaningful intra-dependent and inter-dependent relationships that foster collaboration.
- Discuss the perspectives and experiences of different ethnicities, including African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latino, and White.
- Gain effective leadership knowledge and skills, such as time management, organization, communication, and event planning, to manage student organizations.
- Participate in round table discussions covering several topics, from budgeting to officer transitioning.
- Experience meaningful interactions with students from a variety of different colleges & universities.
Location & Parking Information
The conference will be held in the Cashion Academic Center, located on the corner of 4th St & Speight Avenue, in the heart of campus. Parking is available across 4th Street, in the visitor’s parking lot. Additional parking is available in the Speight Parking Garage.