(print registration form before you "submit" for a record of your registration)
Mail payment to:
Since 1994, the Baylor MUN team had sponsored a High School Model United Nations Conference each Fall. Beginning with only six schools and 94 students representing 8 countries in 1994, the conference has grown considerably. By 1997 Baylor's MUN team hosted over 300 students from 21 schools representing 51 countries. Model UN team members host the conference, serving as members of the Secretariat, committee chairs, judges, expert witnesses, conference coordinators, and faculty-student liaisons.
Baylor will host the conference on Saturday, October 29, 2016.
2016 Baylor MUN High School Conference Committees and Topics
General Assembly 1st
1. Nuclear Non Proliferation
2. Arms Trade and Firearms Violence
General Assembly 3rd
1. Personal Data Surveillance in the Digital Age
2. Refugees and the Humanitarian Crisis
World Health Organization (WHO)
1. Non Tropical Diseases, including Zika
1. Gender equality and the SDGs
2. Infrastructure, innovation, and the SDGs
Contemporary Security Council
1. The on-going civil war in Syria
2. The continuing struggle to eradicate terrorism
1994 Historical Security Council - Rwanda
1995 Historical Security Council - Iraq
Conference Registration Materials
1. Important Dates:
July 1 - Online registration opens; country assignments begin
*Note: in both 2014 and 2013, the conference filled to capacity prior to this deadline. Should this happen again in 2015, we will create a waiting list*
October 23, 5:00 PM - The last day to register for the conference, change delegate numbers or request chaperone lunches.
October 27, 5:00 PM - Final invoice and permission forms (required for all visitors to Baylor's campus) will be emailed to the faculty adviser. Invoices may be requested before this date, if you need more advance notice to arrange payment. Contact Jenice_Langston@baylor.edu. Final payment and forms due the day of the conference.
October 28, 5:00 PM - Deadline to submit position papers to be considered for awards – papers must be complete and in the specified format to be eligible.
November 7, 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM - Conference. Please bring final payment and event permission forms with you to the conference, if you do not mail them in advance.
2. SCHOOL and STUDENT REGISTRATION FEES - all payment due the day of the conference:
- $50 registration for schools that register online by 5:00 PM on October 2; this becomes a cancellation fee for any school who cancels their registration before October 23. No cancellations permitted after October 23.
- $75 for schools registering October 2 at 5:01 PM - October 23 at 5:00 PM.
- $15 per student fee (includes lunch)
- $7 per teacher and/or chaperone box lunches (OPTIONAL) – must be ordered in advance; no on-site purchase available
In this guide, you will find:
- Committee Background Guides
- Research Tips
- Delegate Code of Conduct
- Baylor MUN Parliamentary Procedure Rules
- Guidelines for Resolution Writing
- Position Paper Guidelines
- See also Position Paper Template