(print registration form before you "submit" for a record of your registration)
Mail registration payment to:
One Bear Place #97276
Waco, TX 76798
As of September 23, the conference is FULL.
Additional new registrations or additions to current delegations will be placed on a waiting list.
Since 1994, the Baylor MUN team had sponsored a High School Model United Nations Conference each Fall. Beginning with only six schools and 94 students representing 8 countries in 1994, the conference has grown considerably. By 1997 Baylor's MUN team hosted over 300 students from 21 schools representing 51 countries. Model UN team members host the conference, serving as members of the Secretariat, committee chairs, judges, expert witnesses, conference coordinators, and faculty-student liaisons.
This fall, Baylor will host the conference on Saturday, October 25, 2014. The topics and committees to be simulated for 2014 are:
Air Travel Security
Job Creation and Sustainable Growth
Rights of Indigenous Peoples
Maternal Health and Mortality
Mental Health Treatment and Advocacy
Safety of Journalists in Conflict Regions
Food Aid and Addressing World Hunger
Ongoing Situation in Ukraine
North Korea and Sanctions
*New for 2014* – Historical Security Council
Cuban Missile Crisis
Conference Registration Materials
1. Important Dates:
2. SCHOOL and STUDENT REGISTRATION FEES:
July 1 - Online registration opens; country assignments begin
September 26, 5:00 PM - Priority registration deadline
October 10, 5:00 PM - The last day to register for the conference, change delegate numbers or request chaperone lunches.
October 14, 5:00 PM - Final invoice and permission forms (required for all visitors to Baylor's campus) will be emailed to the faculty advisor. Invoices may be requested before this date, if you need more advance notice to arrange payment. Contact Jenice_Langston@baylor.edu. Final payment and forms due the day of the conference.
October 15, 5:00 PM - Deadline to submit position papers to be considered for awards – note papers must be complete and in the specified format to be eligible.
October 25, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM - Conference. Please bring final payment and event permission forms with you to the conference, if you do not mail them in advance.
- $30 for schools that register online by 5:00 PM on September 26
- $45 for schools registering September 26 at 5:01 PM - October 10 at 5:00 PM.
- $15 per student (includes lunch)
- $7 per teacher and/or chaperone box lunches (OPTIONAL) – must be ordered in advance; no on-site purchase available
4. 2014 Country Matrix
5. 2013 MUN Agenda - The 2014 agenda will be similar and will be posted approximately one month prior to the event
6. 2013 Award Guidelines - The 2014 divisions will be similar and will be posted once registration closes on October 10
7. 2014 Delegate Guide - In this guide you will find:
- Committee Background Guides
- Research Tips
- Delegate Code of Conduct
- Baylor MUN Parliamentary Procedure Rules
- Guidelines for Resolution Writing
- Position Paper Guidelines
- See also Position Paper Template
Baylor Model United Nations thanks our sponsors for their generous support:
Baylor University Department of Political Science