(print registration form before you "submit" for a record of your registration)
Mail payment to:
Since 1994, the Baylor MUN team had sponsored a High School Model United Nations Conference each Fall. Beginning with only six schools and 94 students representing 8 countries in 1994, the conference has grown considerably. By 1997 Baylor's MUN team hosted over 300 students from 21 schools representing 51 countries. Model UN team members host the conference, serving as members of the Secretariat, committee chairs, judges, expert witnesses, conference coordinators, and faculty-student liaisons.
Baylor will host the conference on Saturday, October 29, 2016.
2016 Baylor MUN High School Conference Committees and Topics
General Assembly 1st
General Assembly 3rd
World Health Organization (WHO)
Contemporary Security Council
1994 Historical Security Council - Rwanda
1995 Historical Security Council - Iraq
Conference Registration Materials
1. Important Dates:
August 15 - Online registration opens; country assignments begin
*Note: in both 2014 and 2015, the conference filled to capacity prior to this deadline. Should this happen again in 2016, we will create a waiting list*
October 14, 5:00 PM - The last day to register for the conference, change delegate numbers or request chaperone lunches.
October 17, 5:00 PM - Final invoice and permission forms (required for all visitors to Baylor's campus) will be emailed to the faculty adviser. Invoices may be requested before this date, if you need more advance notice to arrange payment. Contact Jenice_Langston@baylor.edu. Final payment and forms due the day of the conference.
October 19, 5:00 PM - Deadline to submit position papers to be considered for awards – papers must be complete and in the specified format to be eligible.
October 29, 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM - Conference. Please bring final payment and event permission forms with you to the conference, if you do not mail them in advance.
2. SCHOOL and STUDENT REGISTRATION FEES - all payment due the day of the conference:
- $50 registration for schools that register online by 5:00 PM on September 30; this becomes a cancellation fee for any school who cancels their registration before October 14. Cancellations made after October 14 will be billed the entire invoiced amount, including school registration fee and delegate fees.
- $75 for schools registering September 30 at 5:01 PM - October 14 at 5:00 PM.
- $15 per student fee (includes lunch)
- $8 per teacher and/or chaperone box lunches (OPTIONAL) – must be ordered in advance; no on-site purchase available
4. 2016 Country Matrix coming August 15
5. 2015 MUN Agenda 2016 Agenda will be posted in October; it will be similar to 2015
6. 2015 Award Guidelines 2016 Guidelines will be posted after registration closes in October
7. 2016 Delegate Guide To come by August 15; guides from past years available in the archives tab at left
In this guide, you will find:
- Committee Background Guides
- Research Tips
- Delegate Code of Conduct
- Baylor MUN Parliamentary Procedure Rules
- Guidelines for Resolution Writing
- Position Paper Guidelines
- See also Position Paper Template