(print registration form before you "submit" for a record of your registration)
Mail payment to:
Since 1994, the Baylor MUN team had sponsored a High School Model United Nations Conference each Fall. Beginning with only six schools and 94 students representing 8 countries in 1994, the conference has grown considerably. By 1997 Baylor's MUN team hosted over 300 students from 21 schools representing 51 countries. Model UN team members host the conference, serving as members of the Secretariat, committee chairs, judges, expert witnesses, conference coordinators, and faculty-student liaisons.
Baylor will host the conference on Saturday, October 29, 2016.
2016 Baylor MUN High School Conference Committees and Topics
General Assembly 1st
General Assembly 3rd
World Health Organization (WHO)
Contemporary Security Council
1994 Historical Security Council - Rwanda
1995 Historical Security Council - Iraq
Conference Registration Materials
1. Important Dates and Deadlines:
August 15, 8:00 AM - Online registration opens and committee guides are posted – Member State assignments begin and continue on a rolling basis.
September 30, 5:00 PM - Priority registration deadline – note that for the past three years, the conference filled before the priority deadline. Should this happen again in 2016, we will create a waiting list.
October 14, 5:00 PM – Registration ends – This is the last day to register for the conference, change delegate numbers, or request chaperone lunches. Please use the original registration form link to submit changes, and check the box for updated registration. No changes in delegate numbers will be permitted after this date, except for any additions made from the waiting list.
October 17, 8:00 AM – Wait list registrants notified – Those placed on the waiting list will be notified whether or not their registration will be accommodated for the conference and will have 24 hours to accept their invitation.
October 18, 5:00 PM – Final invoice and permission forms – these will be emailed to the faculty advisor. Final payment and signed, hard copies of the forms will be due the day of the conference. Invoices may be requested before this date, if you need more advance notice to arrange payment. Email email@example.com to request the invoice.
October 19, 5:00 PM – Deadline to submit position papers to be considered for awards – position papers are optional, but papers for each Member State delegation must be complete and in the specified format to be eligible for awards. Instructions and submission guidelines can be found in the Delegate Guide, which will be available online by August 15.
October 29, 8:00 AM -6:00 PM – 2016 Conference - please bring final payment and event permission forms with you to the conference, if you do not mail them in advance.
2. SCHOOL and STUDENT REGISTRATION FEES - all payment due the day of the conference:
- $50 registration for schools that register online by 5:00 PM on September 30; this becomes a cancellation fee for any school who cancels their registration before October 14. Cancellations made after October 14 will be billed the entire invoiced amount, including school registration fee and delegate fees.
- $75 for schools registering September 30 at 5:01 PM - October 14 at 5:00 PM.
- $15 per student fee (includes lunch)
- $8 per teacher and/or chaperone lunch (OPTIONAL) – must be ordered in advance; no on-site purchase available
5. 2015 MUN Agenda 2016 Agenda will be posted in October; it will be similar to 2015
6. 2015 Award Guidelines 2016 Guidelines will be posted after registration closes in October
In this guide, you will find:
- Committee Background Guides
- Research Tips
- Delegate Code of Conduct
- Baylor MUN Parliamentary Procedure Rules
- Guidelines for Resolution Writing
- Position Paper Guidelines
- See also Position Paper Template