Media Center Comes Together on Baylor Campus
- Baylor University provided eight computers for the media center.
- Russian high-school students from the Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) Program assisting at the International Media Center. Left to Right: Svetlana Mordasova, Dmitri Kapitonov, Alex Mairin, Maria Vasukova, Anastasia Proconich, Natalia Smirnova, Timur Kurmaev
- Russian FLEX students are briefed about their duties by Liza Davis of the U.S. State Deptartment Foreign Press Office.
- Phones installed for Nippon TV and other International media visitors.
- Baylor University student workers assist with the installation of phone and network lines to support the expected 200 journalists.
Staff from Baylor's Facility Services, University Host office, Information Technology Services, Public Relations office and more worked Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 12-13, to prepare a working media room for the international press in the McLane Student Life Center.
More than 200 journalists are expected in Waco to cover the Crawford meeting of President George W. Bush and Russian President Vladimir Putin, which runs through Thursday.
Photos by Clifford Cheney, Baylor Photography.