Reports To: Director, Poage Library
Purpose of Job: To assist Poage Library Director and Bullock Archivist in processing legislative, congressional or personal papers in Poage Library.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintain procedures, guidelines, and inventories for accessing papers in the collections.
2. Perform basic preservation procedures.
3. Supervise student assistants assigned to the various archival projects.
Secondary Job Functions:
1. Provide public services for the Poage Library in the absence of the Project Archivist or the Poage Library Director.
2. Assist in preparing displays and exhibits.
3. Carries out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education Required: Must be currently enrolled graduate student. Prefer student in Political Science, History, American Studies, Information Systems, or related Social Science field.
Minimum Experience Required: Background in filing and arrangement of materials.
Minimum Skills/Aptitudes Required:
1. Organizational ability; ability to infer and abstract, to categorize, and to arrange by content.
2. Ability to meet and interact with the public.
3. Ability to work without direct supervision.
4. Computer skills: word processing and database management.
Equipment Required: PC/Mac environment.
Ability to lift 50 pounds; to access all office areas; to key information into library computer system; to visually identify, create, and update information on a computer screen; to reach shelving ranging from 3" to 8' above the floor with use of step stool or ladder; to push/pull/maneuver filled book trucks; to manipulate single sheets of paper. Must not be hearing-impaired to the extent of being unable to use a standard telephone.
Other Desired Qualifications:
1. Familiarity with standard office equipment.
2. Attention to detail.
3. Ability to follow instructions both printed and verbal.
4. Neat and accurate penmanship.
Applicants should send a curriculum vitae and a letter of application, indicating field of graduate study, anticipated stipend and tuition needs, and any particular qualifications for this position to
Poage Library Director
One Bear Place # 97153, Waco TX 76798-7153
254-710-3767/3540 � FAX 254-710-3059
Or send by email: Poage_Library@baylor.edu