The Electronic Library of the Baylor University Libraries and Information Technology Services is pleased to announce the availability of SPSS, a statistical analysis and data collection software, for Mac OS. This software package is now available to all faculty and staff using Apple computers. Below are step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the Mac version of SPSS:
1. With Finder open, click on the Go menu and select "Connect to Server."
2. Type smb://bu-shares.baylor.edu/osx-software in the address field and click connect.
3. Enter your Bear ID and password when prompted. Then, click Connect.
4. Open the SPSS folder and double-click on the disk icon.
5. The SPSS disk icon will now be displayed on your desktop. Double click on the installer icon to begin the install process.
If you have any questions or experience any issues, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 710-4357(HELP).
Students needing SPSS on their personal computer may purchase a 6 or 12 month license from the bookstore. Contact the bookstore for a current price list at 254-710-2161.