Dowdy Research Grant
BCPM seeks to assist researchers through the John and JD Dowdy Memorial Congressional Research Endowed Fund which provides financial support for on-campus work in the library's congressional collections. The Dowdy Research Grant provides awards up to $500.00.
- The grant is open to both academic and non-academic applicants.
- Research projects must include use of at least one BCPM congressional collection.
- Applicants will be required to submit a description of the research project (a 250-word limit) and a proposed budget.
- Each proposal should be aimed at a discrete end product. Monographs and journal articles will receive primary consideration. Theses and dissertations will constitute a second priority group. Exhibits and other artistic works are also open for consideration.
- Budgets will be examined and approved in whole or in part. Research grants will be limited in amounts ranging up to $500.00. Funds are ordinarily provided to defray travel expenses. Other expenses incident to the use of the archives, however, may be considered. Funds may not be used for employment of local researchers for preliminary or post-visit work.
- Each successful applicant is required to include appropriate acknowledgement in any work produced with the assistance of this support. A copy of each resulting published work must be forwarded to the BCPM in a timely fashion.
- Applicants are limited to one funded proposal every three years.
- Successful applicants must complete a W-9 in order to receive the grant.
Please download the Dowdy Research Grant Application and submit it to:
Baylor Collections of Political Materials
Dowdy Research Grant
One Bear Place #97153
Waco, Texas 76798-7153
Applications are accepted at throughout the year. Awardees will be notified within 2 weeks of submitting an application.
For more information, please contact BCPM at 254-710-3540.
Association of Centers for the Study of Congress Grants for Research in Congressional Collections
BCPM is a proud member of the Association of Centers for the Study of Congress. ACSC which provides grants for research in Congressional collections." ACSC institutional members will be eligible to apply for individual grants not to exceed $250 on behalf of individuals conducting research in an ACSC member's congressional collections. Note that this grants program is unusual in that grants will be awarded after research has been conducted.
For further information, contact BCPM at 254-710-3540.