Palm Centro (Sprint Users Only)
NOTE: THIS FIX IS FOR CENTRO devices using SPRINT only. Although the fix is provided by Palm it is not a supported fix. Any issues caused by the fix remain the responsibility of the end-user.
A system update is necessary on your device. You will need to install this update to your device using one of the methods below.
Palm Desktop software syncing:
If you have the Palm Desktop software installed on your computer and have set up a partnership between your computer and mobile device then please visit this site for complete instructions for updating your Centro for Sprint device: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/6012_en.html
Memory Card installation:
If you do not have Palm Desktop installed and do not wish to then you can install this update by using a memory card. The Centro uses a Micro SD card. You will need a blank memory card that is bigger than 64MB. Once you have one you will need to visit this site for complete instructions for updating your Centro for Sprint device: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/5919_en.html
AFTER you have installed the update continue with these instructions to complete the set-up of your mobile device:
- While in Mail, click on the Menu Options key on the device (usually at the bottom by the Alt key™looks like a box with two lines and a down arrow). This will open your menus.
- Select Accounts> Account Setup.
- Make sure that the account name is highlighted then click on New.
- The next screen will show your Account Name, Email Address, and password enter each of these.
- Click Next.
- Next Screen will show the Mail type (make sure it says Outlook (EAS)). Username (should be your Bear_ID), and the mail server should be: bu-mail.baylor.edu
- Click Test Settings and make sure you get a SUCCESS message. If you do not get a success message please call the Helpdesk to log a ticket.
- After a success click on OK.
- Click on Done.
- Click OK. If you are asked if you want to override existing settings please select Yes.
- Your Inbox will be empty. Click on sync and your inbox should be populated.