|Dr. Kimberly R. Kellison, Interim Chair||Tidwell Bible Building, 2nd Floor, Waco, TX 76798 | 254-710-2667|
Barry G. Hankins
Ph.D., Kansas State University, 1990
- Jesus and Gin: Evangelicals, the Roaring Twenties, and Today's Culture Wars. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Francis Schaeffer and the Shaping of Evangelical America. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 2008.
- American Evangelicals: A Contemporary History of a Mainstream Religious Movement. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman and Littlefield, 2008.
- The Second Great Awakening and the Transcendentalists. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 2004.
- Uneasy in Babylon: Southern Baptist Conservatives and American Culture. Tuscaloosa: The University of Alabama Press, 2002.
- God's Rascal: J. Frank Norris and the Beginnings of Southern Fundamentalism. Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 1996.
Book in Progress:
With Thomas Kidd, Baptist in America: A Narrative History
Why I Came To Baylor:
"I came to Baylor because I wanted to be at a university that takes both teaching and research seriously and also promotes scholarship from a Christian perspective. With its J.M. Dawson Institute of Church-State Studies I have the resources I need to be a productive scholar and to train graduate students in both history and church-state studies."
- Religion and American culture
- Protestant Fundamentalism and Evangelicalism
- Church & State in American History
Courses Taught at Baylor:
- HIS 1306 World History, 1400-1750
- HIS 5361 Religion and Politics in America (Cross-listed as REL, PSC, and CHS)
- HIS 4369 Religion in America, 1877-present (Cross-listed as AMS 4369)