Admission Requirements & Evaluation Criteria
In order to be considered for the Graduate Program in Nutrition, candidates must be a graduate from a didatic program in dietetics from an accredited college or university. You can check if your program qualifies at the following website.http://www.eatright.org/ACEND/content.aspx?id=10905 Click here.
At a minimum, applicants should have each of the following in order to be considered for the Program. In some cases waivers may be available. Speak to a healthcare recruiter about this possibility.
- Have a signed DPD verification statement from the Program Director of a Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- Have a combined GRE (Graduate Record Exam) score of at least 297 with a 148 in Verbal and a 149 in Quanitative (new scoring system) or at least 1000 (old scoring system) in the verbal and quantitative portions, and a minimum GRE analytical writing score of 3.5.
- Have an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Meet medical and physical fitness standards.
- Have a favorable security investigation completed.
- Meet service specific age requirements.
Candidates'applications are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate academic performance
- Letters of recommendation
- Demonstrated interest in military service
- Leadership potential
- Experience in foodservice and/or dietetics
- GRE scores
- Telephonic interview
Application to the program is coordinated by SP healthcare recruiters who have an in-depth knowledge on the program. A four to six month lead time is highly recommended for applying to the program, but we always suggest contacting us at any time to check if your application can move forward. If you are interested in applying to the program then contact a recruiter now. Click here for the recruiter contact information.
The US Military-Baylor University Gradute Program in Nutrition does participate in the D&D digital matching program but not in the dietetic internship centralized application system (DICAS)-the on-line application process used by other internships. For more information go to "FAQs" section.