Women in the Academy is a one day, regional conference hosted by Baylor University. This year's conference theme is Connecting Women in the Academy. Attendees are given opportunities to learn and engage in activities to further their understanding about women in higher education. The conference is centered on graduate students, but faculty and administrators are welcome to attend. Both males and females are encouraged to attend! Suggested attire is business casual.
Saturday, April 9, 2016
The Women in the Academy Conference will accept proposals for the 2016 conference until January 4, 2016.
Workshops are 45 minutes long and occur in the morning and afternoon.
Registration will open in January 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact Alanna Martinez.
Objectives for the Women in the Academy Conference
- To engage a variety of participants in intellectual discussion about women in higher education
- For graduate students, faculty, and staff at Baylor University and other institutions in Baylor's region to connect and network
- To learn about issues surrounding women in higher education and how to approach them
- To provide opportunities to learn more about successful women in higher education and benefit by learning from their struggles and triumphs
A special thank you to our 2015 door prize donors:
- Baylor Bookstore
- Baylor University Libraries
- Office of Admission Services
- Campus Living and Learning
- Institute for Faith and Learning
- Mayborn Museum
- Dr. Pepper Museum
- Downtown Waco Farmer's Market
- 3 Spoons
- Captain Billy Whizzbang's
- Congress Clothing