Graduate Assistantships Job Order Form
1. Date: 5/8/14
2. Position Title: Events Manager
3. Category: Marketing, Events, Publicity
4. Department Name: Baylor University Press
5. Application Deadline:May 30
6. Work Begins: Fall
7. Number of positions: 1>
8. Special Instructions: Please submit cover letter and resume to David_Aycock@baylor.edu
9. Hours Per Week Required: 20
10. Reports to: Marketing and Sales Manager, Baylor University Press
11. Supervision Duties: possibly one undergraduate assistant
12. Positon Description:
13. Essential Function:Baylor University Press participates in a number of conferences and exhibits each year, which all, some, or none of its staff may attend. Additionally the Press’ authors may have events of their own which need attention and coordination. The Events Manager is the Press’ primary contact and organizer for managing associated details and logistics.
14. Secondary Function: Assist with other projects as needed.
15. Minimum Education: Must be full-time graduate student during fall & spring semesters.
16. Degree Area: Any
17. Minimum Experience:Recommended that applicant has experience in marketing or public relations
18. Minimum Skills and Apitudes:• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and design skills • Self-motivated and results-driven • Proficiency with Microsoft Office • Eagerness to learn new skills • Excellent attention to detail; strong organization skills • Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines • Professional work ethic and appearance; punctual • Ability to manage communication with multiple event partners simultaneously
19. Desired Traits: Proficiency in basic layout (InDesign), but not required.
20. Contact Name: David Aycock
21. Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
22. Campus Address:
23. Building Location: 1920 S 4th St, Waco, TX, 76706
24. Room Number:
25. Phone: 710-1465