A major in nutrition sciences equips students with food and nutrition knowledge required of a registered dietitian. The curriculum in Nutrition Sciences Program at Baylor University is currently granted Accreditation for Dietetics Education by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), 120 Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, (312) 899-0040 extension 5400.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Sports Nutrition
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Weight Management
- Culinary Arts
- Eating Disorder Counseling
- Community Nutrition
- Food Systems Management
Registered Dietitian:These experts are well versed in nutrition and food science. To learn more about what a becoming a registered dietitian, follow the steps below and click here for additional information.
1. Complete a baccalaureate didactic degree program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics such as the program at Baylor University.
2. Acquire supervised dietetic practical experience by competing for, and successfully completing an Accredited Dietetic Internship.
3. Pass the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
What a Registered Dietitian Can Do for You: